• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SOLD!!!: Apple HomePod-II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martini

Forum Donor
I picked up an Apple HomePod-II in early March this year, to use as a desktop speaker and I think my expectations were a little too high for its' use in a near field role. I was a bit too critical in my listening and I ended up moving to a pair of Genelec monitors, so now don't have a need/place for the HomePod. I think it could serve well for background music in a kitchen, bedroom or paired with another for better TV sound, but maybe not for critical listening. It is in perfect condition and will ship in Apple's original packing material. It cost $317 (with tax) and I'm thinking $200 +shipping, is fair price for me and a good savings for an ASR colleague :).

IMG_0179.jpeg
IMG_0180.jpeg
IMG_0178.jpeg

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
This would be interesting to send to Amir for testing. Would you be willing to do that and when Amir is finished testing it I will buy it if you don’t have another buyer at the asking price? Before confirmation on my end I would need to get a thumbs up from Amir first on the testing part.

I will of course cover the shipping costs in all directions.

Last edited:
OP
Martini

Martini

Forum Donor
I could be up for that, as it would be interesting to see how it test and it's still new to the market in "Apple-time." It might be a mental challenge for Amir to test, being omni & wireless and somewhat self-aware.

Roderik

I could be up for that, as it would be interesting to see how it test and it's still new to the market in "Apple-time." It might be a mental challenge for Amir to test, being omni & wireless and somewhat self-aware.
You'll need two for testing because they will sound much better as a stereo pair. just like the HomePod minis.

AdamG

Forum Donor
Excellent. I have sent Amir a pm to ask if he is interested. I will let you know as soon as I know. Thank you for your cooperation.

You'll need two for testing because they will sound much better as a stereo pair. just like the HomePod minis.
Amir does all his Speaker tests in Mono using only one speaker. You can read more about why here:

AdamG

Forum Donor
Update: Amir replied to my PM about this and his response was sort of Luke warm. I responded with some encouragement to reconsider. However, he won’t be responding until 5-6 pm EST, at the earliest. So, if you get an offer take it. I apologize for any delay I have caused.

If Amir changes his mind I will return with my original offer. Thank you for waiting.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
He only ever tests single speakers anyway.

OP
Martini

Martini

Forum Donor
Update: Amir replied to my PM about this and his response was sort of Luke warm. I responded with some encouragement to reconsider. However, he won’t be responding until 5-6 pm EST, at the earliest. So, if you get an offer take it. I apologize for any delay I have caused.

If Amir changes his mind I will return with my original offer. Thank you for waiting.
No problem at all, I'm cool.

OP
Martini

Martini

Forum Donor
~ SOLD ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom