• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU 8 possible DTS:X issue?

Isocortex

Hi guys,

After owning game headsets for like all my life I upgraded a few months back to a SMSL SU 8 paired with a THX 789 to power my Sennheiser HD800s.

I recently found out SMSL got drivers on their website and installed those, however when I turn on DTS in the properties of the DAC in the windows sound panel, it goes back to 16 bits, 48000 hz (dvd quality). Is this intended?
The max I can set it is 32 bits, 384000 hz (studio quality), but if I do so DTS goes off. If I turn DTS on again, it automatically jumps back the 16 bits, 48000 hz (dvd quality).

Again, I dont know if this is intented, I tried to search for possible answers but that brought me here. Im new to the high end audio world (atleast this is high end for me considering I owned premium game headsets) thus never owned and worked with a AMP/DAC so any feedback on this is highly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom