• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMLS C200 Stops Working When I Remove My Headphones

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
The firmware is being uploaded to the official website. You will be able to check the latest firmware for C200 in a moment. You can upgrade it from the official website

Thanks
Yes, I see the firmware update for the C200 now

Thank you

Mikey1

The firmware is being uploaded to the official website. You will be able to check the latest firmware for C200 in a moment. You can upgrade it from the official website

Thanks
Windows flags the C200 zip file a virus and won't download (either Firefox or Edge). The PO100 rar file is corrupted and won't uncompress.

Lunartuna

The firmware update seemed to work although the updater was not in English or even Chinese i dont think.

Mupod

Welp...updated the firmware and now it doesn't work at all.

edit: The issue was the Ho/Lo output setting. Didn't remember what that was and it had changed after the update.

Last edited:

jonUK

And, for those who have done it, does the Firmware update fix the issue in question?

This does make me a little uneasy although it is inconclusive (6 out of 66 vendors think the updater is a trojan) - https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...1cd10a19fb8383aa50f66fdd51ec1908204/detection False positives are not uncommon.

EDIT to illustrate the point when I re-scanned it it has now changed to 5 out of 71 vendors, and they do look to me like heuristic detections (where certain aspects of a file are detected as being suspicious, without matching a known threat).

Last edited:

DBA

And, for those who have done it, does the Firmware update fix the issue in question?

This does make me a little uneasy although it is inconclusive (6 out of 66 vendors think the updater is a trojan) - https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...1cd10a19fb8383aa50f66fdd51ec1908204/detection False positives are not uncommon.

EDIT to illustrate the point when I re-scanned it it has now changed to 5 out of 71 vendors, and they do look to me like heuristic detections (where certain aspects of a file are detected as being suspicious, without matching a known threat).
With you on this. Not a programmer tho so I cant say anything useful about this, except maybe try to run this in a VM with usb passed through. Would guess a false positive though.

Also, kinda curious if this fixed the issue people are having.

Last edited:

Lunartuna

With you on this. Not a programmer tho so I cant say anything useful about this, except maybe try to run this in a VM with usb passed through. Would guess a false positive though.

Also, kinda curious if this fixed the issue people are having.
The vibe i got from the review thread was that most people who where having this issue returned the device. I bought mine and just happened that the firmware update came out right after. Before i used headphones with it. Now i am using headphones though. HD 58X and i have my desk and myself on carpet. There is definitely static around because sometimes we accidently shock each other in my place. My C200 has not had this issue since i have been using it with the new firmware. But i also cant confirm for sure that i would have had it before.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor

Thanks
I no longer see the firmware update for the SMSL C200

Will it return ?

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
on our officail web support
I do not see the firmware update for the C200 on the page below

Am I looking at the wrong page ?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
This type of thing is hilarious if it wasn't sad.

You unplug the headphones and the device dies. Wow. And it needs a firmware update to fix it...

Excuse me while I laugh my head off. SMSL- Sometimes Might Stop Living. When will people learn to not buy this rubbish? It's a headphone socket, not rocket science and yet their products pack it in when someone removes their headphone plug?

Last edited:

potfur

You unplug the headphones and the device dies. Wow. And it needs a firmware update to fix it...

Excuse me while I laugh my head off. SMSL- Sometimes Might Stop Living. When will people learn to not buy this rubbish? It's a headphone socket, not rocket science and yet their products pack it in when someone removes their headphone plug?
Not exactly dies. It sometimes (in my experience maybe once or twice a month) stopped playing after the headphones had been unplugged and needed a restart, which took like 10 to 15 seconds. Somewhat annoying but not exactly fatal. As far as I can see, the firmware update has remedied this in my case. And I have a very competent DAC + a competent headphone amp for 200 bucks, what's not to like?

Last edited:

raif71

Major Contributor

Smooth Musical Sound Loveliness :)

SMSL-Mandy

Audio Company
I do not see the firmware update for the C200 on the page below

Am I looking at the wrong page ?
I can send you the firmware,please send me a email: [email protected]

Swtoby

What!? Amir has a swinging golf club panther for this in his review. Isn't that like his Academy Award?? And, and there are 232 votes saying this thing is great!! And all because of Amir's swinging club panther thingie! Surely that mean it's worth buying? Right?! You can't be implying that there is more to a good product than just measurements, can you? ;)

Pointlessdemon

I just got the C200, and the issue occurs for me too, I get up and walk away and when I return to my desk the device has no volume. I tried changing cables, updating firmware, even changing the driver to "Always on" using the XMOS settings. I tried all my headphones and IEMS, nothing seemed to solve it. I could even recreate the issue every single time. Bummer, I like the device, but before I return it I figured I should ask if someone could solve it.
Also, I don't know which unit to go for if not this, I've tried the zen dac, fiio k7 and c200. I liked the c200 the most. :(

Top Bottom