• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Simple Class-D Amp *With Remote* Wanted- No DAC, No Tone, No Bluetooth

OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

I guess I'm belatedly catching up with the design fundamentals of the various amplifier types. A remote volume control on an amp with an analogue line-in (whether linear or switching/D-class) isn't that straightforward, it has to be either a motorised pot (no thanks) or switched resistor ladder/network attenuation which is rather expensive to implement so it's actually no surprise that cheap, simple D-class 'integrated amps' with remote volume control don't exist.

OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Oh God, it just gets worse. Talk about not exercising due diligence on my part;

in their infinite wisdom Denon omitted a stereo line-out (not a pre-out - I wouldn't expect one on any budget amp) on the PMA-60 and its brethren, the PMA-30/50/150H, which means that if I want to use my headphone amp I'll have to switch devices in Windows, to a different interface/DAC (the SU-1 I guess).

What a truly idiotic decision by the designers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom