• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Precisely. So I recommend everyone jerk away. This is the correct thread. For a serious audio topic, check any of the other thousands of threads.
Yeah. And if the trolls are so miffed, they are free to go away.

D

Deleted member 48726

Building trenches instead of bridges. -Not just in this thread.

And being called a troll when pointing it out..

VQR

Building trenches instead of bridges. -Not just in this thread.

Given how often ASR gets people who argue in bad faith and claim the obviously absurd, I can't say a bridge would work for such trolls. Better to leave a troll in a trench than leave a bridge over its head.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Simply listeners with limited technical knowledge, who have adopted a fallacy and then sought like minded folk to reinforce, the real culprits are the charlatan, manufacturers/influencers/ salesmen/magazines.
Keith

Killingbeans

Major Contributor

Don't think so. @fpitas was talking about trolls in general. It wasn't a label meant for you.
EDIT: But then @krabapple did it while I was writing :D:facepalm:
EDIT2: Well, not really. I just didn't get the joke.

Besides, this has nothing to do with how little we think of ourselves or others. Or at least it hasn't for me. It's just a fascination with the tragicomical parts of the human condition. I'm well aware that I'm not immune to those afflictions myself.

But if we can't make fun of blatantly stupid s¤¤t here, then where can we? There's a time for diplomacy, and there's a time for ridicule. You can't make everybody happy.

I've said it before: Ignorance can be accepted, as long as it doesn't do any damage, but it should never ever be respected.

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Agree you have to challenge otherwise you are simply perpetuating the lie.
Keith

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If making fun of Audiogon is evil, I don't want to be good.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
I think one can recognize by now very
quickly when people come for just trolling, not willing to learn and just wanting to stir it up.

In these cases no argument, no bridge building will help nor convince them.

However they steal a lot of time away from those willing to help others who are asking genuine questions and who are indeed willing to learn or at least open to new views.

So no I am not too concerned about the trolls getting their feelings hurt.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am convinced that my DAC sounds better when looking out my window than when I am looking at my monitor. /s
Well....ears in a different position?

Top Bottom