• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

Fledermaus

Forum Donor
Speaking of colors, do you guys think we should offer black as an option for the body color? It seems that grey is a no go for some people.
(...)
Your thoughts?

Or you could order 1-color batches and change colors from one batch to the next, so everyone would be satisfied in their own time, without cost increase...

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Or you could order 1-color batches and change colors from one batch to the next, so everyone would be satisfied in their own time, without cost increase...
Option 1: you are overestimating our production volumes
Option 2: you are underestimating the size of a batch
Option 3: you are overestimating the patience of the average customer
Option 4: 1 + 2 + 3 :D

litemotiv

You like square corners. I don't. Let's agree to disagree. :)

I don't think it's about the corners per se, i appreciate the rounded Mac Mini design or the NAD / March rounded corners.

Anyway i'm just giving some honest feedback why i'm on the fence about the boXem. It seems to be great in a technical sense and the company seems very sympathetic as well, so i hope you don't take it as an insult.

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I don't think it's about the corners per se, i appreciate the rounded Mac Mini design or the NAD / March rounded corners.

Anyway i'm just giving some honest feedback why i'm on the fence about the boXem. It seems to be great in a technical sense and the company seems very sympathetic as well, so i hope you don't take it as an insult.
I do not take it as an insult, no worries.
More generally, most people seem to be very polite and always say nice things. Suggestions of improvement are gladly welcomed.
Doesn't mean I will agree with them. In example there are several things I could do that would allow me to be both more competitive in price and increase margins but they are not in phase with what I am. So I don't do them. It's my baby. It's my decisions.

Semla

It's my baby. It's my decisions.

Absolutely, it's your money on the line, not ours. Until we actually pay up you will never know for sure what works. I liked the general idea of kickstarter to gauge demand: people pay for a product, but if there's not enough demand nothing gets build and the money is returned. Maybe you could run an "all black super special edition of 10" this way.

Crane

Forum Donor
All black where? I would love to get my hands on two! :D

nstzya

Speaking of colors, do you guys think we should offer black as an option for the body color? It seems that grey is a no go for some people.
Issue being cost and storage space:
- at identical batch size, two colors will increase the cost
- ordering double batches with single color will increase the tied-up capital and add some mess in an already too small storage space.
So 2 body colors choice = final price increase.
Your thoughts?

How much price increase are you thinking? My preference/vote is for a black case of the same shade/finish as the existing black faceplate. In my opinion, it would become your most popular option. I prefer to listen in dim lighting and like the equipment to disappear visually. I like the trend toward matte finishes - particularly black. Including speakers.

Last edited:

Descartes

Major Contributor
Do you have any multichannel amplifiers? Also what kind of warranty do you offer?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have read from different manufacturers over the years that black always sells more. Most specially so for multichannel amps in home theater dark rooms.

Last edited:
OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Any news regarding a preamp project?
Yes, it's late :confused:
could it be a multichannel preamp ?
Depends what you call multichannel.
If it's something with all the homecinema niceties, that's a "no".
If it's an analog volume control for x channels, the answer is "not now".
If it's something else, my ears are open.

ririt

Yes, it's late :confused:

Depends what you call multichannel.
If it's something with all the homecinema niceties, that's a "no".
If it's an analog volume control for x channels, the answer is "not now".
If it's something else, my ears are open.
And what about real HT bypass capabilities?

JSmith

Master Contributor
Balls to multi-channel ( ;) )... but an amp with sub out and some phat VU meters would be great... maybe even a by-passable treble/bass control? :)

JSmith

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
And what about real HT bypass capabilities?
If 'real HT bypass' is 'all the crap out of the HT processor reaches the amplifier', I do not think so.
Balls to multi-channel ( ;) )... but an amp with sub out and some phat VU meters would be great... maybe even a by-passable treble/bass control? :)

JSmith
Here is more discussing about an integrated. This is something I am completely reconsidering now, taking into account how well have been received the various power amps we put on the market up to now.

Top Bottom