• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not only camera's that seem to have issues with the color ;)
orange.png

Koeitje

Major Contributor
For people from The Netherlands, Belgium and now part of Germany. RAL2004 is the color of the Coolblue logo, so if you ordered something there and still have the box that might help you out :).

Koeitje

Major Contributor
"Coolblue" = RAL2004 o_O
We are neighbours, but sometime my Latin part has hard time following you guys :p
Well, the blue is still cool :p.

Small piece of trivia: over 20 years ago there was a webshop called Hot Orange. It had terrible customer service and everything. The founders of Coolblue wanted their webshop to be to opposite of Hot Orange....so they called theirs Coolblue.

Zoomer

Nothing wrong with 70's orange...

oranje trein.jpg

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A color similar to RAL 2009 was used by Televerket , the previus coverment agency that managed the telephones in Sweden prior to to it being a privatized company nowadays.

volvo_duett_p7f4524.jpg

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Speaking of colors, do you guys think we should offer black as an option for the body color? It seems that grey is a no go for some people.
Issue being cost and storage space:
- at identical batch size, two colors will increase the cost
- ordering double batches with single color will increase the tied-up capital and add some mess in an already too small storage space.
So 2 body colors choice = final price increase.
Your thoughts?

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Speaking of colors, do you guys think we should offer black as an option for the body color? It seems that grey is a no go for some people.
Issue being cost and storage space:
- at identical batch size, two colors will increase the cost
- ordering double batches with single color will increase the tied-up capital and add some mess in an already too small storage space.
So 2 body colors choice = final price increase.
Your thoughts?
I have no interest in buying an amplifier right now (happy with my NC400's). But if I was looking for an amplifier I doubt yours would make the list, because I only buy black gear. I know it's silly, but I like everything to fit together.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Willem

Major Contributor
I bought a black RME ADI-2 DAC but by and large I think black is boring. I loved my old Quad 33/303 and its unique colour scheme.

Semla

Didn't Alan March offer a silver case option at one point in time? I believe black outsold it by a large margin.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Didn't Alan March offer a silver case option at one point in time? I believe black outsold it by a large margin.
I'd argue silver is uglier than gray :D. Actual silver paint reminds me too much of cheap electronics.

litemotiv

Good industrial design is quite challenging...

There is a fine line between 'cool retro' and 'outdated', as an example these two old modems below just look dated to me:

o7tCEtu.png

b28d4eda293dbd723f1526a48cd99c4e.jpg

While these two look 'cool retro' (to me at least):

O9TmpjV.png

qIiWTZ4.png

The first two boxes i wouldn't place in my living room, the second two i definitely would if they contained a Purifi amp. ;-)

To me personally the boXem case sits somewhere in the middle. It's what makes me hold off just a bit a this stage, considering that at €1700 it's still a considerable investment.

I do think the boXem would be a considerably more easy sell with a slightly improved case design, but i do understand that this may be difficult in terms of capital investments at this stage.

Willem

Major Contributor
I will repeat what I have said on previous occasions: the Dieter Rams designs for Braun have been unsurpassed. Sonos and Apple have been good 'inspired by' work.

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Good industrial design is quite challenging...

There is a fine line between 'cool retro' and 'outdated', as an example these two old modems below just look dated to me:

o7tCEtu.png

b28d4eda293dbd723f1526a48cd99c4e.jpg

While these two look 'cool retro' (to me at least):

O9TmpjV.png

qIiWTZ4.png

The first two boxes i wouldn't place in my living room, the second two i definitely would if they contained a Purifi amp. ;-)

To me personally the boXem case sits somewhere in the middle. It's what makes me hold off just a bit a this stage, considering that at €1700 it's still a considerable investment.

I do think the boXem would be a considerably more easy sell with a slightly improved case design, but i do understand that this may be difficult in terms of capital investments at this stage.
You like square corners. I don't. Let's agree to disagree. :)

Top Bottom