• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

DataSquid

I just thought I'd post to say Hi from Canada, and help to kill the time while my 4215/E2 is built and shipped. Research into the NAD C298 brought me here, and I'm thrilled to be getting this instead. I have nothing to contribute to the discussion, but I hope others continue to because I enjoy the activity on this thread :)

I currently have a NAD C352 driving 20+ year-old Paradigm Monitor 3s, which I'm replacing soon with Dynaudio Evoke 50s. I figured I need a bit more power for them.

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I just thought I'd post to say Hi from Canada, and help to kill the time while my 4215/E2 is built and shipped. Research into the NAD C298 brought me here, and I'm thrilled to be getting this instead. I have nothing to contribute to the discussion, but I hope others continue to because I enjoy the activity on this thread :)

I currently have a NAD C352 driving 20+ year-old Paradigm Monitor 3s, which I'm replacing soon with Dynaudio Evoke 50s. I figured I need a bit more power for them.
Hi! Your amplifier build is planned for next week. We have a bit of backlog right now, which is quite good news indeed.
Tell the Evokes to stay calm, Arthur is coming ;).

DataSquid

It's here! And it's great!
4665CC71-7DF8-4044-830D-F9F44640FB83.jpeg

unobuntu

@boXem | audio
Can you reveal the plans for you upcoming pre-amp?
Will it have:
- HDMI eARC?
- Surround decoder with downmix to stereo? (The downmixer in my LG CX doesn't do a very good job)
- Streaming capabilities? (Tidal connect, Airplay 2, Chromecast?)
- Room correction DSP?
- Internet radio tuner
- A display for showing info like song being played/name of radio station
- Physical shortcut-buttons on the front? (i.e. to a specific radio-station, Tidal, etc)
- A RF-remote (like the Naim Uniti products have - i.e non-ir )?
- fits in a smaller/beautiful box, like your power amps (E.g. a NAD C658 is just too unnecessarily big/ugly to have present in my living room - something similar to Linn Selekt DSM sizewise would be perfect)

^^At least that's my dream specs for a streamer pre-amp - and I'm yet to find one that fits that bill - Am I dreaming too much? :)

Best,
Ulrik

Last edited:
OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
@boXem | audio
Can you reveal the plans for you upcoming pre-amp?
Will it have:
- HDMI eARC?
- Surround decoder with downmix to stereo? (The downmixer in my LG CX doesn't do a very good job)
- Streaming capabilities? (Tidal connect, Airplay 2, Chromecast?)
- Room correction DSP?
- Internet radio tuner
- A display for showing info like song being played/name of radio station
- Physical shortcut-buttons on the front? (i.e. to a specific radio-station, Tidal, etc)
- A RF-remote (like the Naim Uniti products have - i.e non-ir )?
- fits in a smaller/beautiful box, like your power amps (E.g. a NAD C658 is just too unnecessarily big/ugly to have present in my living room - something similar to Linn Selekt DSM sizewise would be perfect)

^^At least that's my dream specs for a streamer pre-amp - and I'm yet to find one that fits that bill - Am I dreaming too much? :)

Best,
Ulrik
Hi Ulrik,
This is an impressive list :)
Some of your suggestion will, some may, some won't be part of the embedded features ;)
Size will be the same as Arthur (reuse, reuse...).

Flo

Question:
What is the Purifi 1ET400A based power amplifier that is not only nice looking, convenient to use, but also the cheapest (to my knowledge) to be bridge compliant ?

Surely your amp is gorgeous, but it is bridgeable? I see no indication of that anywhere.

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Ok, what will be the power in bridge mode?
My loads started smelling dangerously north of 500 W so I stopped measuring. I have bought a stronger load, will tell you once I received it. From what competitors have measured I am expecting 1% distortion around 650/700W in 8 Ohm.

Flo

Sounds great. When do you expect these cables to be available? And will that work on your purifi amps already sold with no mod needed?

Haskil

Forum Donor
Pour ma part, j'adore l'esthétique de la face avant, y compris le logo qui occupe très bien l'espace. La couleur orange est splendide ... et on peut choisir ...
La petite taille et les bords arrondis magnifient cette esthétique sobre et classieuse qui nous éloigne des horreurs clinquantes et vulgaires de bien des électroniques audiophiles couteuses dites de très haut de gamme ...

L'annonce d'un DAC préampli pour le futur est une excellente nouvelle ... surtout s'il permet d'intégrer dans un DSP des corrections réalisées en externe avec un logiciel ad hoc ...

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
For my part, I love the aesthetics of the front face, including the logo which occupies the space very well. The orange color is splendid ... and you can choose ...

The small size and rounded edges magnify this sober and classy aesthetic that takes us away from the flashy and vulgar horrors of many expensive audiophile electronics called very high-end ...

The announcement of a preamp DAC for the future is excellent news ... especially if it allows corrections made externally with ad hoc software to be integrated into a DSP ...

Google translate is awesome.

litemotiv

Ref the orange: the more time goes, the more I realize that each screen gives a different impression of it. In real life it's less 'brown' than the 70's orange.

Are there perhaps more real life pictures available of the box with orange front plate?

Willem

Major Contributor
Compared to Google Translate I still recommend learning languages. But if you must use such software, DeepL is the current champion.

OP
boXem

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
View attachment 123697
On another forum: https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum...-de-puissance-hypex-purifi-t30108753-135.html
@boXem | audio specified it over there as RAL 2004, a paint shop might be able to provide a color swatch.
This color appears to be quite difficult for camera sensors. Your picure is quite realistic, but on most the orange looks fluorescent or red. I think that going to a paint shop or ordering a cheap color swatch is the best option to have a proper idea of the color.

Top Bottom