• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A10a BTL (Mono) Measurements

orchardaudio

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
I had a local customer recently replace 2 x Sabaj A10a amplifiers operating in BTL (mono) mode with one of my Starkrimson Stereo Ultra amplifiers. They were nice enough to let me borrow the Sabaj A10a amplifiers.

20240308_134606.jpg

8-ohm Measurements

Frequency Response - 8ohm.jpg

THD+N Ratio vs Measured Level 1kHz (22.4kHz BW) - 8ohm.JPG

THD+N Ratio @10W (22.4kHz BW) - 8ohm.JPG

IMD SMPTE Ratio vs Measured Level (22.4kHz BW) - 8ohm.jpg

4-ohm Measurements

Frequency Response - 4ohm.jpg

THD+N Ratio vs Measured Level 1kHz (22.4kHz BW) - 4ohm.jpg

THD+N Ratio @10W (22.4kHz BW) - 4ohm.JPG

IMD SMPTE Ratio vs Measured Level (22.4kHz BW) - 4ohm.JPG

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hmm, 4dB down at 20khz but the roll-off starts at 5khz... really throwing a wrench into the "amps don't have a sound" narrative. :p The IMD might also be verging on audible if you have good ears, tricky speakers, and high peaks...

Neftun

I find this interesting.

I have two A20A 2022’s hooked up from topping E50 balanced running my Canton Karat GS.

I bought everything blind; I figured they’d sound similarly to my Reference 9DC I had before. Those played from an Abrahamsen v2.

The sound is awesome in many ways, every detail is present, soundstage open.

But it sounds a bit… Cold, I guess. Don’t have the vocabulary to describe it properly, but is a bit fatuiging in the highs. And there is a slight hiss if I move in really close.

Can I assume this is due to what these measurments show?

I pledged on Kickstarter for the Fosi V3 monos.

Is it fair to assume the issues will be resolved with those?

Playing with the thought of using the Sabaj’s as sub amps, only driving the 10 inch woofers:)

Top Bottom