• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rythmik F12 vs Rel T9x vs SVS SB-3000 vs HSU ULS-15 MK2

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Sorry for the tardy response, I appreciate the responses.

I decided on ordering the HSU pair. My LS60’s are near. Waiting on a call from some random delivery company now.

@DonH56 thanks for your detailed response. The actual $ difference delivered would’ve been ~$400 ( $2018 vs $2398) for the pair but that’s not a major impediment. I’ll eventually be playing with PEQ and have a Dirac DLBC pc license too. Have some learning curve to work through. Having the additional headroom could be important using Dirac especially.

Here’s the spreadsheet results. I’m a bit lacking in excel skills so the top row, (also ULS 15MK2) got messed up and shifted left a column, results were from Audioholics.

View attachment 329826

HSU Manual
View attachment 329828
You’re correct regarding a bit more flexibility if relying solely on the sub controls.
You should have fun! With a Dirac Live license you do not need continuous phase control (Rythmik), which was one of the things I used most to integrate subs and mains before using room correction.

Dirac Live, and I think most room correction programs, will boost up to 10 dB but has essentially "infinite" cut capability. Keep in mind that a 10 dB boost requires 10x the power.

middlemarch

Forum Donor
Did you get black or the Rosenut? Rosenut sure is purdy... I think

1701138098164.jpeg

1701137926042.jpeg

Muddywaters

Forum Donor

Muddywaters

Forum Donor
You should have fun!… [snipped]

Dirac Live, and I think most room correction programs, will boost up to 10 dB but has essentially "infinite" cut capability. Keep in mind that a 10 dB boost requires 10x the power.
Thanks I’m hopeful.

My reasoning for choosing the HSU was precisely because of the greater headroom, ~5-8 dB, they have over the Rhymik according to the data available.

Top Bottom