• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Road Trip Required

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The Best Buy (which recently closed) in Lincoln Center here in NYC carried KEF speakers and the staff was actually pretty cool when I dealt with them several years ago. Do you not have a similarly equipped Best Buy close to you?

I guess the fact they're shuttering stores presents a challenge.

OP
Platypus20

Platypus20

Forum Donor
The Best Buy (which recently closed) in Lincoln Center here in NYC carried KEF speakers and the staff was actually pretty cool when I dealt with them several years ago. Do you not have a similarly equipped Best Buy close to you?

I guess the fact they're shuttering stores presents a challenge.
Read post #6, the local store is run by idiots, the last set of KEFs, I bought off of Amazon.

OP
Platypus20

Platypus20

Forum Donor
I went and picked up the revamped Acarion Alon IVs yesterday, 2 new woofers and he went through all of the 6 crossovers and the mid and the tweeters. The slight buzzing in the left channel woofer is gone. So far they sound great.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Glad you got your speakers sorted @Platypus20.

Last time I was in a high end store (about a decade now in MD) the salesman insisted on playing their music too, claimed there wasn't a way to play from my phone. I don't get it.

EERecordist

I live in the Syracuse, NY area, a cultural waste land, in regards to auditioning any stereo equipment, the last true stereo store closed about 10 yrs ago. I had to make appointments in the Rochester/ Buffalo area, to listen, to both KEF and Revel speakers. Going to Rochester on Wednesday to see a couple of shops, staying at my cousins and then a couple of more shops in Buffalo on Thursday. A major trip just listen to speakers.
Toronto is right across the pond and should have audio stores. Historically it has had a good AES chapter. Edit: You solved your problem!

Top Bottom