• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 PRO FS balanced adapters?

MC_RME

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I don't think such a cable exists. You might need to get two: TRS to XLR-4 pole, then XLR 4-pole to Pentaconn.

reasons

I don't think such a cable exists. You might need to get two: TRS to XLR-4 pole, then XLR 4-pole to Pentaconn.
The question is, can it be made custom? It seems as if corpse cable has a custom section where they could make it. Problem is they want $200 which is insane for a cable that should cost $50 max

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company
Agree. The main issue is the Pentaconn. Find someone that wants to solder it manually...mucho crap...this has clearly been designed for machine work. A workaround might be to buy a cheap adapter cable with a Pentaconn female to whatever, cut the cable, and solder on the XLR or two TRS...

reasons

reasons

Agree. The main issue is the Pentaconn. Find someone that wants to solder it manually...mucho crap...this has clearly been designed for machine work. A workaround might be to buy a cheap adapter cable with a Pentaconn female to whatever, cut the cable, and solder on the XLR or two TRS...
Looks like Amazon sells it as well Dual 3.5 to 4.4

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company
Nice find! And correct connection. I would cut off the small TRS and solder on big ones, but using two TRS big to small adapters would work as well.

mrbungle

The question is, can it be made custom? It seems as if corpse cable has a custom section where they could make it. Problem is they want $200 which is insane for a cable that should cost $50 max
I think they sell it for $150: https://corpsecable.com/products/co...-cardas-audio-usa?_pos=1&_sid=a24d09116&_ss=r

Still painful to drop that much on an adapter, but I tossed my cheap adapter from the brand you posted below and went with Corpse. Didn’t connect properly and was crackling when the cable was moved. But that was a way cheaper balanced to single-ended adapter. In your case I would probably take the risk with the $20 one. Corpse cables and adapters are at least well made.

DRuszaT

If you want the perfect cable for your ADI-2 Pro in Balanced Phones Mode, I recommend this cable. Excellent value for money.

poimandres

If you need a quality custom cable like this I would go to Hart Audio, especially if you are located in the States.

Top Bottom