• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

RPG

Forum Donor
Same here for us watching baseball and our MLS games, though most of the masking and distancing rules are gone, or in the process of being done away with---except for younger children. But, after a year and a half, still a bit odd/novel to see both our professional soccer and baseball games being played in front of full stadiums....

Last edited:

Sound_freq

You guys do realize that each and every "My Animo" video that Simple Theatre produces is hilariously and unequivocally satire?? IMHO, they are brilliant!
Obviously they don't pick up on the hyperbole ! :)

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the NFL football season doesn't start until September. Oh, wait....you must be from one of those places that play something the rest of us call soccer. ;);)

That game you call football, where the "ball" isn't a ball and is only kicked a half a dozen times in a game, the rest of the it's carried in or thrown with the hands. :facepalm:

Last edited:

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You guys do realize that each and every "My Animo" video that Simple Theatre produces is hilariously and unequivocally satire?? IMHO, they are brilliant!

The reviewer is an obvious shill for First Run Copper cables. I didn’t even watch this latest video yet.

Bds3151

I have a question for v2 owners. The only thing that holds me from getting RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 is the various volume knob issues. Is this still a problem? Should I wait for v3 or look somewhere else?
I don't have any volume knob issues.

JoostE

Are the xlr and rca outputs also seperate in the settings? Aka could I set up the RCA EQ for a subwoofer, and the XLR RCA for bookshelves?

edahl

Are the xlr and rca outputs also seperate in the settings? Aka could I set up the RCA EQ for a subwoofer, and the XLR RCA for bookshelves?
I believe you can do this type of thing on the Pro, but the non-pro has "only" one DSP chip.

JoostE

I believe you can do this type of thing on the Pro, but the non-pro has "only" one DSP chip.

Ah thats too bad, so same goed for an EQ on headphones and an EQ on speakers I Guess? You would then change profiles?

Could you for example exclude the EQ on one output and have it active on the other? For example full output through RCA and EQ through XLR?

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

JoostE

Nope.

Yes.

No. Both are running in the same time/settings.

Ok, so the amplified outputs are seperate in settings, but the line outputs are not, correct?

Too bad but that would just have been the icing on the cake honestly. Mainly interested to buy this because of the great DAC and fine amp that could later be added on to with maybe a more "distortion" like amp such as a tube.

Any specific reason why it is out of stock in so many places? Just semiconductor things or is there a new revision coming or something?

mrbungle

Ok, so the amplified outputs are seperate in settings, but the line outputs are not, correct?

Too bad but that would just have been the icing on the cake honestly. Mainly interested to buy this because of the great DAC and fine amp that could later be added on to with maybe a more "distortion" like amp such as a tube.

Any specific reason why it is out of stock in so many places? Just semiconductor things or is there a new revision coming or something?

They sell more than they can make:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=32948

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

And the question about a new version has been asked over and over again. With afaik always the same answer: no new version in sight so far.

And honestly: besides some more bands to the PEQ and perhaps a control app I couldn't imagine what to ask for. Measures good enough to be absolutely transparent and the amp sections are dead silent and powerful enough.

Top Bottom