• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

right place to ask Chromecast Audio issues?

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Suddenly Google Home doesn't see my Chromecast Audio devices. Anyone using CcAudio having OR NOT having this issue?

Bamyasi

Suddenly Google Home doesn't see my Chromecast Audio devices. Anyone using CcAudio having OR NOT having this issue?
Mine are all still here and accounted for. And I had no problems listening to some Internet radio stations this morning with the TuneIn Radio app on my Samsung S10e phone streaming to the CCA in my kitchen.

0ldSchool

Forum Donor
For me, with CCA devices set up in two different homes being managed via Google "Home," running on iOS devices, it seems OS and/or App updates can disappear or render the CCAs inoperative.

I then need to reset them (press and hold button on edge until LED is rapid flashing), hook up to them as the CCA was my wifi network, set them up as if they were new and start all over. PITA!!

One caveat - be sure to log back into your actual WiFi network for the last step of the CCA set-up.

I use these to play Tidal throughout my 3100 sq ft home from two Yamaha amps via a "Home" Group of the two amps/speakers. That set-up even allows syncing of sound by milliseconds so it sounds perfect!

OP
D

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know what happened, but my Chromecast Audio devices reappeared a few days later. Next time I'll do the reset. I'm glad they're working again, I just bought the second one on ebay for $50 and was a bit perturbed.

Top Bottom