• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluesound/volumio with Sbooster power vs separate DAC

at the moment I use a Google Chromecast Audio with my Fosi amp.
I am planning investing in a more serious system with an 2000 intergrated amp and 2500 speakers.

The amp i am looking at do not carry a Dac.

I use a lot of Spotify Connect and am looking for the best solutions for streaming / dac.

I do not care for screens and different platforms.

I am doubting between buying a Bluesound Node x of Volumio Primo and do a Sbooster power supply upgrade. I would be using the internal DAC then from the streamer

Or buying a simple (Wiim?) streamer and combining it with a Denafrips 12 th.

What would give the best results you would think?

Tangband

Major Contributor
I am planning investing in a more serious system with an 2000 intergrated amp and 2500 speakers.

I use a lot of Spotify Connect and am looking for the best solutions for streaming / dac.

I am doubting between buying a Bluesound Node x of Volumio Primo and do a Sbooster power supply upgrade. I would be using the internal DAC then from the streamer

A WiiM pro + with a linear power supply is probably the best sounding option for the money . Also, the PEQ function in the WiiM is a big sound advantage .
IMG_4513.jpeg

This is my WiiM with a linear power supply and a 9 V transformer .

This is an interesting comparison :

Tangband

Major Contributor

About the PEQ function in the Wiim - even when using the internal dac in WiiM pro+ it will sound better than a Denafrips without PEQ.

Top Bottom