• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A Pre-amp with eArc AND hdmi in?

sayang67

Hi all, long time lurker, figured I'd ask the experts as I can't seem to figure this out.

I have a pair of Swan M300 MKii's for sound in the bedroom. I use them more for Movies/TV, using a chromecast google TV as my source. My current janky set up is the chromecast dongle through an HDMI splitter, with a toslink signal going to an SMSL DAC, with the stereo output from the SMSL finally getting to the Swans, with the HDMI video from the splitter heading to the TV. My TV has no audio out to speak of, unfortunately.

So I'd like to ditch the splitter and DAC for an all in one solution: Dac and HDMI in and out. I can see plenty of streamers/all in ones with eArc, but nothing with both eArc and HDMI in. I love the Swans. Maybe I need to just get a TV with audio out.

any thoughts appreciated.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @sayang67! Welcome to ASR.

In case your TV has an HDMI ARC Port, then you could use an SMSL PS100 to add RCA Line out to your TV.

It will decode audio from both external HDMI sources as well as from your TV's native Apps, and you can control the volume with your TV remote.

Top Bottom