• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

REW: Current and peak values in RTA

Satyadhara

I'm wondering what the difference between the "current" and "peak" values is when making measurements in the RTA window of REW. Can anyone explain?
I got some convolution filters from Thierry at Home Audio Fidelity, and did some measurements to check how they change frequency response etc., and I found that the peak values are considerably closer to the target house curve I sent him, especially in the bass region.

JohnPM

Technical Expert
The peak trace shows the highest level seen on the input since averaging was last reset, subject to the peak hold and peak decay values in the Appearance settings (default is hold forever, no decay).

OP
Satyadhara

Satyadhara

Thanks for the clarification. I'm aware that for EQ one should use the current values. But to measure the effect of EQ, is the peak value measurement of any value?

Top Bottom