• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review of NanoPi NEO2: World's Smallest Audio Streamer

Aldoszx

Yes, you are right. I have to extract some logs.

QMuse

Major Contributor
Yes, you are right. I have to extract some logs.

You may also want to try playing music via some local player in order to test basic audio functionality without roon bridge.

Aldoszx

You may also want to try playing music via some local player in order to test basic audio functionality without roon bridge.
I am gonna try that also.
But i have this "ROON infrastructure" already in place and i am very happy with it.
I will try another OS, like Ubuntu or Armbian.

QMuse

Major Contributor
I am gonna try that also.
But i have this "ROON infrastructure" already in place and i am very happy with it.
I will try another OS, like Ubuntu or Armbian.

I meant to try that just for testing.

Aldoszx

Aldoszx

bzfrp

I don't have the OLED module to test.
The startup scripts are all in /etc/init.d/.
If the image works for you, you can try to add your script (and driver).

Aldoszx

Ok, thanks. I will try, but i think it needs some dependencies and i don't know you have those already installed.
Also, the script compiles some things and don't know it is possible in your image.

Aldoszx

You are right. Indeed I have compiled a minimal OS image.
Could you please recompile another one including the script for OLED?
I don't have in place a linux machine to do it by myself.

bzfrp

I can try to recompile another one if the current OS image (the one for roonbridge?) works already for you.
Could you please test it ? It seems that this image may not work depending on network configuration (dhcp problem).

QMuse

Major Contributor
I can try to recompile another one if the current OS image (the one for roonbridge?) works already for you.
Could you please test it ? It seems that this image may not work depending on network configuration (dhcp problem).

His issues were occasional dropouts and distortion. DHCP issue would probably result in total silence. :D

Aldoszx

Thank you.
I will try the image and come back with feedback.

carlob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Do you think a normal Raspberry Pi will measure that good as well? I've read somewhere that it shares usb and ethernet on the same bus so it could be noisy. I have a RP 3 so not the latest.

QMuse

Major Contributor
Do you think a normal Raspberry Pi will measure that good as well? I've read somewhere that it shares usb and ethernet on the same bus so it could be noisy. I have a RP 3 so not the latest.

It will not be noisy but it will suffer from occasional dropouts. It worked fine for me with Volumio but it started to make problems when I activated brutefir.

With I2S DACs it works perfectly well.

carlob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It will not be noisy but it will suffer from occasional dropouts. It worked fine for me with Volumio but it started to make problems when I activated brutefir.

Thank you. I was planning to use RoPieee.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Brutefir certainly does something that triggers the dropouts, unless you pin it to a single cpu core. I gather there's something else that's often running on Volumio that triggers it too, but I forget what (database?). I've not had dropouts on PiCorePlayer despite trying to trigger them. Not tried with RoPieee.
Correct - the dropouts are a USB thing.

Top Bottom