• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

flipflop

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Judging by reviews HiFiman he-400i has better and deeper bass than Sennheiser hd650. Looking at the graph above the opposite should be true. Hmm
Maybe we should look at more graphs.
output.png

GAP

I was wrong, I ordered the 9th, anyway luckier than you :)

Very much more luckier it would seem. Just got noticed that shipment that was going to arrive today will be delayed YET another 15 days. Audiophonics have been extremely vague in their communication about this, and each time I have asked they have said 15 more days, regardless of when I have asked. If they had been transparent I wouldn't hold it against them, they can of course not affect the pace at which they receive the DX3 units. I should cancel but on the other hand as they are the only seller in Europe, I guess I will wait as I think the DX3 will suit my needs well.

Anyone else who order from Audiophonics and have recieved theirs, or alternativley are put on indefinite hold?

Veri

Master Contributor
@GAP they sent me the last one of their first batch. I had other stuff in my order so maybe that gave mine priority, I would start getting mad in your case though =/

Can always consider cancelling and be on the look-out for used or in-stock ones. It's also on massdrop again.

Johnb

An added advantage of the HD 58x is that with similar efficiency to its brothers yet 150 ohm impedance, this headphone is well suited to portable amplification. I have a small dongle DAC/amp and its 2 VRMS output drives it with headroom to spare. 2-3 clicks from maximum volume is loud enough.

djsara

Hi there! Sorry about my English. Bought Topping DX3R PRO but it stopped turning on. Does not exit standby mode. Help please. Thanks.

kukocz

Forum Donor
Hi there! Sorry about my English. Bought Topping DX3R PRO but it stopped turning on. Does not exit standby mode. Help please. Thanks.
Have you tried to reset to factory defaults? On standby, turn volume knob anticlockwise until all LCD segments turn on for a while.

kukocz

Forum Donor
It doesn't look good. I see you're trying to use remote in protection foil. Does your remote have battery included? If yes, have you removed protective piece of plastic isolating battery?

djsara

Yes, certainly. there was no battery included. I put new. Everything worked . In the package put down the remote because the white paint is erased from the touch. I wanted to buy TEAC!!! But I bought a Chinese DAC in Vain((((

Veri

Master Contributor
Yes, certainly. there was no battery included. I put new. Everything worked . In the package put down the remote because the white paint is erased from the touch. I wanted to buy TEAC!!! But I bought a Chinese DAC in Vain((((
Explain to seller and ask replacement or refund :/

bleachershane

How to do factory reset?
Вы пытались восстановить заводские настройки по умолчанию? В режиме ожидания поворачивайте ручку регулировки громкости против часовой стрелки, пока все сегменты ЖКД не включатся на некоторое время.

Vy pytalis' vosstanovit' zavodskiye nastroyki po umolchaniyu? V rezhime ozhidaniya povorachivayte ruchku regulirovki gromkosti protiv chasovoy strelki, poka vse segmenty ZHKD ne vklyuchatsya na nekotoroye vremya.

gramp

This actually seems like the ultimate device to take to work. You can stream from your phone over bluetooth and just leave this and your headphones on your desk.

Too bad it has so many problems. I couldn't recommend anyone buy it in it's current state.

Last edited:

Bliman

Wow luckily I escaped that bullet. It looks like it has quite a bit of problems.
I have emailed them 3 times and never got an email back. I mailed JDS Labs and got a email back in a couple of hours.
To me that is important, Topping does nothing for me to build trust on.
Is Topping only liked here because they measure good?
I first thought this would be the best thing for me. But now I am pleased that I have waited.

Wolven

Wow luckily I escaped that bullet. It looks like it has quite a bit of problems.
I have emailed them 3 times and never got an email back. I mailed JDS Labs and got a email back in a couple of hours.
To me that is important, Topping does nothing for me to build trust on.
Is Topping only liked here because they measure good?
I first thought this would be the best thing for me. But now I am pleased that I have waited.

The rate of the dead on arrival, and/or died shortly after is probably in line with the industry. Of course it sucks that any units are bad.

Top Bottom