• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

iviardo

Under the impression from the review forum has ordered Tapping D10. I want to use together with motu 2408mk3 (separately without PCI-424 as a Mic preamplifier) and active Dynaudio Acoustics BM5 Compact monitors. (Sorry for the computer translation.)

digititus

Under the impression from the review forum has ordered Tapping D10. I want to use together with motu 2408mk3 (separately without PCI-424 as a Mic preamplifier) and active Dynaudio Acoustics BM5 Compact monitors. (Sorry for the computer translation.)
Поздравляю! :)

iviardo

How to install drivers correctly when you first connect? Wait, that Win 10 v.1803 will install its driver when connected Topping D10 or first install the native driver, as written in manual, then connect Topping D10? (Sorry for the computer translation.)

iviardo

NvNJYgReqeTbKcKoNCQO_d10-en-07.jpg

What operational amplifiers can you put in it? For example MUSES01 can be? Will this improve the sound quality?
(Sorry for the computer translation.)

sssn

Would be very interesting indeed. Some people say it's a great way to "change" and "tune" the sound while others say it's foolish because you might introduce all sorts of technical problems like distortion, oscillation, overheating etc.

Krunok

Major Contributor
Would be very interesting indeed. Some people say it's a great way to "change" and "tune" the sound while others say it's foolish because you might introduce all sorts of technical problems like distortion, oscillation, overheating etc.

Exactly. And that leads to a paradox: if you change an op amp and don't hear the difference that means you have done well ! :D

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here in holland it is to warm to listen to DAC's. Blowers/airco's make too much noise is going on for weeks now. Still 2 weeks to go.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
LOOL - I can imagine, as you are not really used to such hgh temps. :D
We are dealing here with breaking the mother of all records regarding temperture. Had some freinds who want to come over to listen to my setup with the D10 NOT. :D

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We are dealing here with breaking the mother of all records regarding temperture. Had some freinds who want to come over to listen to my setup with the D10 NOT. :D

What for you is the mother of heat, is normal summer weather in Houston, Texas. Last weekend I was in Austin and it was a toasty 41C. My house has 3 air conditioners and one was broken for 3 days.

Krunok

Major Contributor

Having 35-40C is usually normal during the mid summer here at my place, but contrary to that this year we are having lower temps and lots of rain. :D

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What for you is the mother of heat, is normal summer weather in Houston, Texas. Last weekend I was in Austin and it was a toasty 41C. My house has 3 air conditioners and one was broken for 3 days.
I was once in phoenix it was hot but with a low humidity but here ( i live near the northsea) it is hot but with a high humidity spoils everything think you can compare it with new orleans (ha ha for now). Because of the heath I am suffering now from Music withdrawel symphtons.

Last edited:

Sythrix

I plan to test other opamps.

When you do, are you going to post the results on this thread? Or will you create a new one for the testing? I want to make sure I don't miss it whenever you do.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
When you do, are you going to post the results on this thread? Or will you create a new one for the testing? I want to make sure I don't miss it whenever you do.
New thread. Posting from phone so short replies.:)

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I was once in phoenix it was hot but with a low humidity but here ( i live near the northsea) it is hot but with a high humidity spoils everything think you can compare it with new orleans (ha ha for now). Because of the heath I am suffering now from Music withdrawel symphtons.
It's humid here and further South than New Orleans. In fact, Houston is South of the 30th parallel, like Cairo, Egypt. Everything has air conditioning here.

Top Bottom