• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

Veri

Master Contributor
Hi! First of all, thanks for the great review. I have a question: I have a DAC with BNC input and I am considering the Topping as USB-SPDIF converter. Can I replace (with some diy skills) the Coax connector with a BNC one, without any problems? Or would there any impedance matching be involved in this process?
Thanks!
I just use this part https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/adap...rformance-75-ohm-rca-bnc-adapter-p-10465.html
and my tried and trusted regular BNC cable. Works absolutely fine. Easier than modifying the connector and you keep warranty/resale value.

Toku

Major Contributor
Hi! First of all, thanks for the great review. I have a question: I have a DAC with BNC input and I am considering the Topping as USB-SPDIF converter. Can I replace (with some diy skills) the Coax connector with a BNC one, without any problems? Or would there any impedance matching be involved in this process?
Thanks!
Experience is required to install the BNC connector. If you have any concerns, it is convenient to use the BNC (Male)-RCA (Famail) conversion connector.

Tony_db

Thanks! Could you also suggest me a cheap BNC cable that works well? In the past, I remember having read that not all BNC cables, when measured, were "true" 75 Ohm.

Last edited:

Toku

Major Contributor
Thanks! Could you also suggest me a cheap BNC cable that works well? In the past, I remember having read that not all BNC cables, when measured, were "true" 75 Ohm.
There are 50Ω and 75Ω impedances for common coaxial cables, but both can be used for S / PDIF audio applications. Don't worry too much.
Some coaxial cables are used for high frequency equipment, but I use cheaper ones for Amazon Choice audio.

Dumdum

Thanks!
Just use an rca to bnc lead, if you think about bnc to bnc and if it will make any difference considering the mods inside the casing with jumper cables etc I think that’s the best way to go

Dumdum

I guess this one could be okay:
The canare is a crimp rca plug if it’s the one I’m thinking of and the centre conductor is crimped and inserted far into the plug centre pin making it the nearest to a true 75ohm coax plug that I know of

Top Bottom