• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Sound BlasterX AE-5

Bleib

Major Contributor
Did you manage to get a comparison ? I recently got the AE-5 Plus and wondering if the AE-7 is worth the extra 50% cost.
Zero perceived difference when using headphones.

harrydarwen

it would seem that a DIY HT PC could potentially give better performance than all the AVR's tested so far.

pib

Hey all, I have a question about the mic monitoring (sidetone) of this sound card. Is there any latency in the sidetone? I purchased the SoundBlasterX G6 and the Sound Blaster X4 and was disappointed to find out there was slight latency with the sidetone of those 2 products. I've noticed some people don't notice this slight latency, but to me, it's very obvious and it creates a "robotic echo" of my voice, for a lack of a better word. This slight latency was with all sound processing disabled. Any help with this matter would be much appreciated, thank you :).

Mirc

Hello

I have found a good priced used AE 5 Plus, im thinking if its worth the upgrade from regular AE 5 model, i only benefit XAMP and DD/DTS decoding, i can get AE 5 Plus used for 50€ and maybe sell my AE 5 for same or with very little loss. Is it worth it? Will this XAMP and DD make a diference in sound quality in anyway? Or is the AE 7 only card worth upgrading from AE 5?

Im using Logitech Z-5500 via aux and optical, DT 990 Pro 250ohm, and aux to Pioneer receiver with Qacoustics 3030i stereo speakers for tv. I would appreciate your opinion or if anyone has an expericene?

Top Bottom