• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd NFB2 192 DAC

Calexico

I talk here because i want people to test themself what they read and don't trust blindly only measurements.
it's dangerous your method of saying you know everything and everyone that experience something different is not scientist and then has wrong.

Thinking like this nothing new would be discovered in science.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I say i cannot do these tests. I don't refuse.
What do you mean you can not? The test I wrote you is trivial to do for you.

Me i've no responsability as nobody read reviews from me.
Yet you are here posting and posting trying to convince us of something.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thinking like this nothing new would be discovered in science.
I don't see scientist searching still to see if earth is round or flat. Please don't use the word science when you don't practice any of it whatsoever when it comes to audio.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
You just make measurement and then you subjectively say that they mean people will enjoy better good measuring dacs. (From your subjective measurements selection)
Your doctor can examine you and based on measurements, assess what could be wrong with you. He doesn't need to be sick to know that you are based on those measurements. He is using his experience and body of medical science to predict things. We do the same thing.

The measurements we perform are correlated with listening tests/psychoacoustics and smart predictions are made. You are not familiar with this science and don't like the conclusions so you protest. We get it.

Calexico

Yes once ago everybody was laughing at people who believed the earth was not flat.
I say i'm alone that s why i cannot do blind tests.
Even if I do you wouldn't consider my preference.
I don't know why I would choose a 20€ dac board compared to a 500€ cd player.
And I didn't know about the filter.
Long time after i already knew i was enjoying better the cheap akm board i tried to check what filter it used by curiosity and then i was surpised it was a minimum phase slow roll off.
i checked with multimeter at pins on dac that set the filter and by reading the datasheet.
I cannot change it without soldering job.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I say i'm alone i cannot do blind tests.
You are not alone. The truth is very scary for many audiophiles to face. This is especially true since they are male and are not used to losing face.

A few have by the way to shocking results for them.

We will leave you in Matrix of audio confusion.....

Calexico

If i m alone nobody can switch between the two dacs that's why a cannot do the test blindly.
It's stupid arguing that you said.
To me differences that i prefer are obvious and you cannot be sure that i'm biased or lost.
Maybe you ear are not enough sensitive and you just cannot conceive it.
Maybe french language also develop the hearing in a different way i don't know.
You make everything too simple.
I believe it's your team that is too much tough so that people just leave and don't want to be said to be fooled or lost or whatever. So they ve no choice other than too accept what you say.
I leave you in the measurements confusion missing enjoyment in music and pissing in the wind

Last edited:

Calexico

@SIY @amirm
You that can do it don't do it.
That mean you want to hide something.

If you will never believe that i really ear differences i don't know what to add.

Calexico

I just ask you to warn the people before the review that some people don't agree that better measurement mean better sound. And that something could still be discovered.
Cause it's bad if people buy a dac because of measurements and are disappoint.
If they know all point of view they can make better choice.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
If you will never believe that i really ear differences i don't know what to add.
You could add by having a friend come over and test you. Then you will be adding something useful to the conversation. As it is, it looks like you want to avoid learning a tiny bit about audio science, and a lot about your hearing ability.

As it is, the record is showing that you are very afraid of the truth. And don't want to run the test you insist on I should run.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I just ask you to warn the people before the review that some people don't agree that better measurement mean better sound. And that something could still be discovered.
We haven't said better measurements mean better sound. We have said better measurements mean better engineering and design. Most audiophiles like yourself likely can't hear the improvements, no matter how much they brag they can.

And that is the crime that is committed when people read reviews like Qobuz. So much money wasted in following your scheme. You are part of a very serious problem for the audio consumer. I hope you recognize your role in this.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert

For whatever reason, my doc didn't suggest homeopathy, rattles and masks, or spirit healing when I went for my cardiac exam. That seems wrong, I need all points of view.

Really, you should be spending your time getting that refund rather than posting here.

Calexico

@amirm
Why wouldn't i want to learn???
I just want to enjoy music.
I'm not afraid of the truth.
Actually i once did a blind test between marantz cd 5001 cs4392 and muse tda1543x4.
I and my brother were clearly prefering the dta1543 dac.
Now i prefer the ak4490 from the tda1543 but didn't do the blind test. But it's very easy to hear the difference.
Also i clearly enjoy better my teac cd.player compared to the marantz
I never enjoyed the marantz.
With the teac i can enjoy music.
Then if i couldn't enjoy music on the marantz there was no need of doing a blind test.
After 5 min i was tired of hearing the music.
With the tda1543 i could enjoy back the music.

Even i was listening the cds in my laptop and i was enjoying the sound better than the marantz.
I don't know why i would be fooled because the marantz was highly rated.

I thought it was best to have nos dac.
But i changed my mind.
Now it's even better with ak4490 +fx tube

You still think i read too much internet and that i m fooled?

Last edited:

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What I don't understand is why people still arguing with Calexico.
Why not? Kind of reminds me of...
Quixote.jpg

I enjoyed reading Don Quixote...

Last edited:

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Calexico red herring #27:
You just make measurement and then you subjectively say that they mean people will enjoy better good measuring dacs.
Calexico red herring #28:
your method of saying you know everything and everyone that experience something different is not scientist and then has wrong.
Calexico red herring #29:
I believe it's your team that is too much tough so that people just leave and don't want to be said to be fooled or lost or whatever. So they have no choice other than too accept what you say.

Calexico

Amirm last red herring
And that is the crime that is committed when people read reviews like Qobuz. So much money wasted in following your scheme. You are part of a very serious problem for the audio consumer. I hope you recognize your role in this.

It's just pure garbage.

No time to text all the herrings here. This one resume enough the mind.

Top Bottom