• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel Performa3 to be revised, discontinued or replaced?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I found a Revel dealer advertising open box specials on the F208, F206, M105 and M106. Looks to me like they are getting rid of their demos.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
What dealer? I am interested.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
I don't think so. They sell all revel models. Only list prices on clearance and open box. Must call for best price. Pretty aggressive outfit. They are survivors among the few.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
They do not market for shipping. You have to call to have item shipped. I think they have pretty lucrative market in Austin.

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I found a Revel dealer advertising open box specials on the F208, F206, M105 and M106. Looks to me like they are getting rid of their demos.

I wondered this also when I noticed a lack/shortage of these speakers in white finish. How long has the Concerto2 line been out? Could this be the hand of Samsung at work? Harmon Kardon now sells headphones & bluetooth speakers and such, no A/V electronics.

GD Fan

Forum Donor
Is it only one dealer? More than one would be more indicative. Just one could be down to problems with inventory financing or some other one-off problem.

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Is it only one dealer? More than one would be more indicative. Just one could be down to problems with inventory financing or some other one-off problem.

Crutchfield & Music Direct, can I say that?

GD Fan

Forum Donor
Wow, now I really kind of regret buying new speakers 7 months ago...

VMAT4

Forum Donor

VMAT4

Forum Donor
I have to wonder if Samsung Rot is setting in at Harman. But then, Haman Kardon was once owned by Beatrice Foods? I heard that long ago.
Could be very wrong there.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
I wondered this also when I noticed a lack/shortage of these speakers in white finish. How long has the Concerto2 line been out? Could this be the hand of Samsung at work? Harmon Kardon now sells headphones & bluetooth speakers and such, no A/V electronics.
The lack of white finish is demand. You can find them at the other online authorized dealers when Crutchfield is out.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
For what it's worth, I recently bought the demo pair from a local dealer. The dealer did not bring in another pair for replacement.
supply and demand. Come on. This site and others like it is a small world. Give Samsung some credit. Profit from Revel isn't Evan a knat on a windshield.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
I have to wonder if Samsung Rot is setting in at Harman. But then, Haman Kardon was once owned by Beatrice Foods? I heard that long ago.
Could be very wrong there.
I don't agree. Samsung is leaving Revel alone. Thank God a deep pocket keeps audiophile game going for normal folk.

Top Bottom