• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Repairing broken JDS Labs Element I DAC/Amp

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Several years ago I purchased a used JDS Labs Element Mk I DAC/Amp, unfortunately after a recent move it stopped powering on. Any thoughts on popping the hood and trying to fix the internals? I would definitely need some technical assistance on what to look for and repair, but maybe it would be a worthwhile DIY learning experience.

Objectivist01

Ask jds labs tell them exactly the problem, they are very good with customer support. I had fixed my c5d out of warranty once since I told them that I was ok to use a soldering iron myself and they were spot on with the solution after I described the issue detailed .

OP
Racheski

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ask jds labs tell them exactly the problem, they are very good with customer support. I had fixed my c5d out of warranty once since I told them that I was ok to use a soldering iron myself and they were spot on with the solution after I described the issue detailed .

Good advice. I"ll try that first.

Top Bottom