• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

REMOVING JST CONNECTORS?

chad2

first i am new to this forum so take it easy on me lol. second I currently have a asc200/ac200 dual mono with ghent case. my set up consist of a allo boss2 feeding a schiit heresy via personally made RCA cables, feeding my icepower dual mono via personally made RCA to XLR cables, feeding 4 sscs5 speakers via personally made herring bone braided speaker cables(that i braided my self which took 6 days to do so i love them and dont care if it makes a diff to you lol) the speakers are glued together in an MTM style manner. my two question are could i gain any audio benefits from removing the JST connectors from the asc200 circuit boards and replacing the wire with solid core copper wire. so my second question pertains to the solid core wire. or should i use stranded wire?

OP
C

chad2

i hope this makes sense lol i am deployed on the IKE right now and our internet sucks so i have to be quick with my responses because our internet could go out at any time lol

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
my two question are could i gain any audio benefits from removing the JST connectors from the asc200 circuit boards and replacing the wire with solid core copper wire. so my second question pertains to the solid core wire. or should i use stranded wire?

If anything, I'd probably just use a little anti-oxidant on the JST connectors.

I "like" solid core, too, but haven't worried about internal wiring.

Grumpish

JST crimped connections - invented by Satan himself. Unless you can afford, or have access to, the £500 crimping tool that goes with them. But no, you are unlikely to find any difference - the only thing I can think of is that the crimps are usually tin-plated phosphor-bronze, which can oxidise over time.

Last edited:
OP
C

chad2

i really appreciate all the help i was hoping for this answer because yes the job would be fun but having to replace anything would be that much harder.

Top Bottom