• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommend an RCA input switcher?

Wavez

Could anyone recommend me an RCA input switcher box? I need 3 inputs minimum.
I'm considering ditching my preamp to use the new MiniDSP Flex instead, but I do need additional analog inputs.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I did measure one that looked identical and it's cross talk and noise pickup was poor (sorry, didn't save the measurements). Not likely to be audible, but still. The cheaper Luxman AS-4iii ones you can get on the auction sites (or locally in some markets) seem well made and not too expensive.
This doesnt surprise me. Tin ears and all that....

gene_stl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
A forum member gave me a pair of these. which look quite nice internally. I did not measure crosstalk nor anything else yet.
these have a pair of triple (AV) inputs two in one out

I intend to buy two or three of these. To offer eight in and one out .

My use case will be multichannel. I will report on my experience but it will be a while.

There are Zektor switchers, Kramer, Coleman Audio and some others for much more money.

There are also relay switcher boards that can be purchased from China for reasonable prices in varying numbers of channels. Also other styles of swtich boxes depending on use case and preference. Check Alie Express and similar sites.

Last edited:

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Tryphon

ORB LS-R0. Don't know this particular item but I use the MC-SW loudspeaker switch to perform listening comparaison and it is particuraly well made.
TT

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Could any of these also be used as a switch for SPDIF inputs? I need three switchable inputs to one output for my TV, SMYTH A16 Realiser, and (contemplated) miniDSP Flex into my OCTO Dac 8 Pro and all three of those inputs MUST connect to AES/EBU Input No 1 for the Octo to recognize it's receiving digital signal. Since spdif cable terminate in RCA plugs, it seems to me one of these ought to work.

DonR

Major Contributor
I would think a composite video switch box would be better suited to S/PDIF since the bandwidth of the video RCA should be much higher than that of the audio RCA.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am looking at this item as well SOLUPEAK RCA Switch Stereo 4 in 1 Out Audio Signal Source Switcher HiFi Input Selector Splitter Box https://a.co/d/eHGJMm1

It's billed as a higher grade audio file gold everything version of the lesser grade box.

It's a passive device and the XLR version tested nicely... But I guess until this is tested we don't really know.

My use case is that I want to use a Wiim mini toslink out to my RDE ADI-2 DAC FS to feed an external audiophonics hypex stereo amplifier. But that hypex stereo amplifier also runs my front channels for television and movies. I don't want to have to switch the RCA input cables every time I want to listen to stereo or vice versa so I thought this little box, if transparent, would be the perfect solution.

Top Bottom