• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Minidsp Flex or SHD

Th0805

I’m thinking about swapping out my vintage Mac preamp for something with room correction. The flex or shd seem like good options. It’s just two full range towers for music only.

Streaming is playing from my iPad presently into a topping D10 then the Mac. The iPad could feed the flex or I could use internal steaming on the SHD. Depending on pricing I may just get the Wiim Ultra once it is released because I like having a screen to look at for streaming. I’m not sure there’s an an advantage one way or the other from a streaming perspective for me.

My bigger concern is that I have a phono preamp and SACD source that will both be analog. The Flex has shown to have excellent adc from Amir’s measurements, but only one input. I could get an inexpensive switcher and make that work if I had to. I haven’t seen any measurements of the SHD’s adc performance, but it has 2 inputs.

Having really good performance for the analog input sources is paramount for me in terms of priories.

Any thoughts on which solution would be best for my needs?

Top Bottom