• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

QX-Over Earphones (2-Way Earphones by Qudelix).

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
the product is not usable without a 110$ headphone amplifier. i think it's important to keep that in mind.

For example it's illegal in many countries to sell these earphones on their own.
What makes it illegal? Because they have no function without the 5k? Or because there are safety type issues if people start trying to hack them to work elsewhere?

John H

I emailed Qudilex and asked if there would be any crosstalk since the channels share a common ground. Below is the answer.

"Since 5K DAC/AMP HW is already fixed and QX-over IEM is unbalanced 4-ch operation.
But you will get something more which the active crossover can deliver."

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
Personally, since I try to avoid putting anything into my ear, to me this is wasted effort.

Much better to have put the $$ and effort into a Next Gen Qudelix 5k, with most importantly, a better performing DAC. An increase output power would be nice, but that is easily provided by an Atom or Magni for $100..

OP
A

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Which is different from lightning headphones or a million of other products how exactly?

It's not, Brazil banned selling/sued Apple when they started selling iPhone 12 series without a charger.

OP
A

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Personally, since I try to avoid putting anything into my ear, to me this is wasted effort.

Much better to have put the $$ and effort into a Next Gen Qudelix 5k, with most importantly, a better performing DAC. An increase output power would be nice, but that is easily provided by an Atom or Magni for $100..

there is nothing that they could improve on so i would buy V2.0.

Reactions: eas

John H

I just received my Qudelix QX-over earphones this afternoon. They sound remarkable and the build quality is excellent.
Very nice for the price considering they only operate
when driven by their 5K DAC Bluetooth headphone amplifier.
I compared them with a few other 100 dollar ish
earphones. I'll have a better impression after further
listening but my first use is very good.

OP
A

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just received my Qudelix QX-over earphones this afternoon. They sound remarkable and the build quality is excellent.
Very nice for the price considering they only operate
when driven by their 5K DAC Bluetooth headphone amplifier.
I compared them with a few other 100 dollar ish
earphones. I'll have a better impression after further
listening but my first use is very good.

I'm waiting till Oratory measures them (they sent him a pair).

tjf

I'm waiting till Oratory measures them (they sent him a pair).

We'll, I've been thinking of getting the 5K DAC/AMP for a while, and now with these IEM's that use DSP based X-overs -- I decided to "take a flyer" (that's "take a chance" for the "american-slang-to-english" translation) on the "QX-over" IEM's for the extra $49 -- there are lots of conceptual advantages to this idea -- wonder if the conceptual advantages will actually translate to audible adavantages -- regardless of the assuptions here based on the use of two 8mm dynamic drivers and the mfgrs. claims that improved "TR" (transient response) and reduced "IMD" (intermodulation distortions) outweigh the benefits of a better native FR of these IEMs...

-- and I'll have blown $49 bucks if it's BS....I guess it's a real "1st World" problem if I'm not too concerned about wasting $49 bucks...

Anyway, I'll use the response measurement below from Oratory for my inital EQ attempts after I've tried them "out-of-the-box" -- I'd be happy to report my subjective opinions on what I hear -- but there's not a lot of point doing that on this forum, is there?

1627243728954.png

Joel

We'll, I've been thinking of getting the 5K DAC/AMP for a while, and now with these IEM's that use DSP based X-overs -- I decided to "take a flyer" (that's "take a chance" for the "american-slang-to-english" translation) on the "QX-over" IEM's for the extra $49 -- there are lots of conceptual advantages to this idea -- wonder if the conceptual advantages will actually translate to audible adavantages -- regardless of the assuptions here based on the use of two 8mm dynamic drivers and the mfgrs. claims that improved "TR" (transient response) and reduced "IMD" (intermodulation distortions) outweigh the benefits of a better native FR of these IEMs...

-- and I'll have blown $49 bucks if it's BS....I guess it's a real "1st World" problem if I'm not too concerned about wasting $49 bucks...

Anyway, I'll use the response measurement below from Oratory for my inital EQ attempts after I've tried them "out-of-the-box" -- I'd be happy to report my subjective opinions on what I hear -- but there's not a lot of point doing that on this forum, is there?

View attachment 143409
Sorry to be dense but I’m not seeing this at the repository on Reddit where I normally see Oratory’s measurements. Where did you get this?

tjf

thank you for sharing this, I'm very happy with the response before and after EQ so i might buy one once it hits amazon.

Ordering the set from Qudelix (from Busan, S.Korea) via PayPal and shipped via Fedex has been pretty pain-free, took 3 days to get to U.S (Anchorage, Alaska) and so should hit my address in another 2-3 days, all for $20 shipping, so I think it's an ok deal -- Qudelix got the order out pretty quickly after my cc card was charged via PayPal...but I understand your preferring/trusting Amazon more -- this is my 1st purchase of an audio product direct from a mfgr. in a foreign country....

OP
A

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ordering the set from Qudelix (from Busan, S.Korea) via PayPal and shipped via Fedex has been pretty pain-free, took 3 days to get to U.S (Anchorage, Alaska) and so should hit my address in another 2-3 days, all for $20 shipping, so I think it's an ok deal -- Qudelix got the order out pretty quickly after my cc card was charged via PayPal...but I understand your preferring/trusting Amazon more -- this is my 1st purchase of an audio product direct from a mfgr. in a foreign country....

i would pay for delivery costs and customs 2-3 times the cost of the actual earphones if I order it from Korea, I made that mistake with the 5K.

tjf

i would pay for delivery costs and customs 2-3 times the cost of the actual earphones if I order it from Korea, I made that mistake with the 5K.

Yeah, sorry -- I didn't take the shipping costs advantage of being in the U.S. into account in my response....

GaryH

Major Contributor
thank you for sharing this, I'm very happy with the response before and after EQ so i might buy one once it hits amazon.

Really? Looks pretty awful to me, with huge bloated bass / lower midrange and a Harman predicted preference rating of just 35/100.

tjf

Really? Looks pretty awful to me, with huge bloated bass / lower midrange and a Harman predicted preference rating of just 35/100.

So, predicting audible results by looking at an FR graph, are we?

Guess I'll be lucky to have the 5K's PEQ to fix it, huh?

OP
A

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

yeah but no sharp peaks and dips so matching a target with the 5K’s PEQ is trivial,

Top Bottom