• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question about Equalizer APO

rangerwoody

I am a novice to REW and eq APO, so I’m playing around and trying to figure everything out. When I was first messing with the configure.txt file to see if I had things correct, APO only worked in the input that I had my computer connected to AUX). When I played a source from my Xbox (game input) nothing changed. When I load my eq file to my receiver, will all inputs be equalized, or is there a way to select which inputs are equalized?

Thank you for your help! I hope this question makes sense.

BeerBear

You use the 'Configurator' to select for which devices (inputs/outputs) Eq APO is installed.
But then you can open the 'Configuration Editor', click on the + and select 'Control' > 'Device'. There you can select a specific input/output for which the effects will apply. Any effects ('filters') that you add below that 'Device' section will only apply to it.
So you can install Eq APO for multiple devices, but only apply it to some of them if you want.

(And I just remove all the default 'filters' in the Configuration Editor and don't deal with any txt files. But maybe you need to do that if you're importing a preset from REW.)

Last edited:
OP
R

rangerwoody

Thank you for the help. I have tried these suggestions, but still can not control other inputs on my Denon receiver other than the original input that my computer is plugged into. I have clicked the +, “control”, and “device”, but the only playback device it gives me is my “Denon-avr NVIDIA High Definition Audio”. There is no option to change inputs to any other inputs on my avr such as game, Blu-ray, etc. Did I possibly install APO incorrectly?

BeerBear

There's some misunderstanding of how Eq APO works... I missed this part earlier:
When I load my eq file to my receiver
You can't do that with any software for the vast majority of receivers out there. You didn't say which Denon you use, but the chances of it supporting a feature like this are very small.
Eq APO only works on Windows. So it can only affect the inputs and outputs of the PC (listed in 'Playback' and 'Recording').

Top Bottom