• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quality Stereo 3.5mm male to male Cables

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
All you need is adequate for purpose and unless putting lots of stress even flimsy would work welll. Lots out there that is just fine. You're overthinking it or read too much nonsense on the subject.

OP
PortaStudio

PortaStudio

In terms of audio quality, I thought that the issue with different makes of audio cables had been settled. That is, there's no difference.
In most cases I'd agree, however a cable can be so poor, that it has an impact on the audio quality.

OP
PortaStudio

PortaStudio

All you need is adequate for purpose and unless putting lots of stress even flimsy would work welll. Lots out there that is just fine. You're overthinking it or read too much nonsense on the subject.
I agree, but if I can make sure the cable lasts a little longer, by taking extra care picking one it's worth it for me. Ideally I want to pick a cable and be done with it, not having to worry that it might break on me. Having cables that I can trust, is totally worth the extra cost.

OP
PortaStudio

PortaStudio

Speaking of which, have you ordered one yet? It's been 3 days man... :cool:

JSmith
I have discovered that the Worlds best cables are available in my country, but not the ones with 3.5mm jacks unfortunatly. I was contemplating getting the cordial cables, but thinking about it there is no version that is angled on both sides, which I think would be better. That leaves me with the Ugreen cables and I am sure I can find an angled version of those. So I think I will order them next week. For now I am working on getting best audio quality AAC (best codec my carsystem nativly supports) as discussed here.

amicusterrae

While I agree in principle, I have had poorly made cables fall apart, which has a major effect on sound quality (as in the sound goes away completely). ;)
Shielding can be important to. And to be clear, we’re not talking about expensive snake oil cables.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I agree, but if I can make sure the cable lasts a little longer, by taking extra care picking one it's worth it for me. Ideally I want to pick a cable and be done with it, not having to worry that it might break on me. Having cables that I can trust, is totally worth the extra cost.
Extra cost for that is probably in the neighborhood of $1/cable, and that's not particularly realistic in terms of actual cost.

eric-c

Forum Donor
monoprice has 3.5mm male to male cables that use two coax conductors which are excellent for long runs but the cable is like 4x as thick as most 3.5mm cables. I have some and are satisfied .

Screenshot_20230414_225115_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

hnash53

While I agree in principle, I have had poorly made cables fall apart, which has a major effect on sound quality (as in the sound goes away completely). ;)
In that case, most definitely those cables suck.

OP
PortaStudio

PortaStudio

monoprice has 3.5mm male to male cables that use two coax conductors which are excellent for long runs but the cable is like 4x as thick as most 3.5mm cables. I have some and are satisfied .

View attachment 279361
They look very nice. I have found this cable with two male ends in my country:

This also has a nice and thick cable.

The Ugreen cables, there is no double angled option.

sambol

I buy cables from enoaudio.de, Mogami cable and Neutrik connectors. The prices are OK, the delivery is fairly low.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
PortaStudio

PortaStudio

I buy cables from enoaudio.de, Mogami cable and Neutrik connectors. The prices are OK, the delivery is fairly low.
They look really nice. Would it be cheaper to buy Mogami cable and Neutrik connectors and putting them togehter yourself?

sambol

Would be, but they are not available locally and shipping is expensive... it ends up costing me the same if I buy pre-made cable from that store. The joys of living in a small country.

OP
PortaStudio

PortaStudio

Top Bottom