• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PURIFI finally did a fully purified passive speaker design! The SPK 16 prototype is here - with a PTT tweeter

vermouth

Would anyone in the uk, be interested in a group buy baffle with integrated 8" waveguide to suit SATORI TW29 (perhaps others) and either 6.5" or 8" Purifi PTT drivers?
Machined from solid resin based composite.

Lbstyling

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I got to hear the new Lyngdorf CUE-100 today, they were really great. At the Bristol show with full Lyngdorf streamer/amps. Kept me in my seat and wanting to hear more.

There was a perfection that I didn't hear in many other systems and a clarity (lack of distortion?) that was epic.

Amazing what the little 6.5" with a few passive radiators can put out, the RoomPerfect software helped tighten up the bass (they did an A/B).

£19k+ a pair. Hopefully I can build something with the woofers soon.

I heard the same system at the same show. Sound was truly excellent.

I was surprised how much better this was than almost anything at the show.

The demo of the room EQ was very good.

What surprised me was the only thing that sounded as good (in fact it was marginally better IMO) was the much cheaper Warfdale floorstanders.

Lbstyling

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So we know when the SPK16 tweeter is released. And the price?

mocenigo

Major Contributor
I heard the same system at the same show. Sound was truly excellent.

I had a chance of hearing it AND also the system with the SPK16 tweeter. Since the two listening were temporally quite apart and in non controlled situations, I cannot compare them, but both were astonishingly transparent. Also, the SPK16 was driven by the ‘9040.

We do live in very, very interesting times.

I was surprised how much better this was than almost anything at the show.

The demo of the room EQ was very good.

What surprised me was the only thing that sounded as good (in fact it was marginally better IMO) was the much cheaper Warfdale floorstanders.

Top Bottom