• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Protection circuit kicking in

TSHRED56

My system:

NAD 1155 preamp
NAD 2200 amp
A/D/S L1090 speakers

The overload/protection kicks in at random times briefly on the 2200. It will also activate with only the amplifier turned on by itself, but occurs more when playing something.

I think I've narrowed it down to occurring when the unit is not warmed up all the way but I need to test it more. There is a slight 'pop' in the speakers when the relays kick on.

Any thoughts?

Anyone know of a repair tech in the San Diego area that is familiar with the NAD 2200?

Thanks

20231011_152800.jpg20231011_152706.jpg

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I would first, with everything off, double-check all the connectors input and output, including wall plugs. I would especially look at the speaker connections to ensure there are no stray strands of wire anywhere around the connectors (with a bright light and perhaps mirror or magnifying glass).

Then ping NAD or whomever for a repair tech.

HTH - Don

OP
T

TSHRED56

I would first, with everything off, double-check all the connectors input and output, including wall plugs. I would especially look at the speaker connections to ensure there are no stray strands of wire anywhere around the connectors (with a bright light and perhaps mirror or magnifying glass).

Then ping NAD or whomever for a repair tech.

HTH - Don
Thanks for the reply.
I have done all that. In fact the speaker wire was already built as a set with banana type plugs.

I see that Peter at Quirk Audio specializes in rebuilding these amps. I've reached out.

Top Bottom