• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Protecting the speakers from the kids

sprellemannen

Forum Donor
Do you have any suggestions on how to protect the speakers from the kids?
So they do not damage them: For instance by pressing on the elements, damage its "foot" or finish etc. (My speakers are Revel Ultima Salon2)

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Are they tall enough yet to get their hands or other objects on the tweeter? That’s the part to worry about, especially given it’s beryllium. You can buy little metal grill covers, I used to use blu-tack to adhere them over the tweeters when I wasn’t listening. The blu-tack doesn’t leave a mark but can of course be intentionally pulled off very easily. I had revel studio 1 and the fit and finish seemed pretty resilient. The woofers and mid should also withstand light bumps, but it depends how wild your kids can get :)

Last edited:

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Do you have any suggestions on how to protect the speakers from the kids?
So they do not damage them: For instance by pressing on the elements, damage its "foot" or finish etc. (My speakers are Revel Ultima Salon2)

Ever see Robocop 2? The anti-theft device hawked for cars? That's what you need.

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Buy some screen door screens in a roll and some big zip ties from your local hard ware store. Daisy chain the zip ties till they can go around your towers, wrap you speakers in the screen and zip tie in place. Remove when kids are removed. Even if you left them on, shouldn't effect SQ too much.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Given the popularity of mounting weighty speakers on tallish, narrow, stands we should also consider protecting kids from loudspeakers toppling. We have such a responsibility.

Top Bottom