• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Vacceo

Major Contributor

I Iove it, but I won't deny:

These guys feel to me like Today is the Day on a lot of anti-depression drugs. And I actually like how they sound! Thanks for the reference! :)

When I lived in Indiana, I saw these guys a couple times. If you like noise, you may like them too:

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Mgla, from Poland

Poland has been a powerhouse for extreme metal: Vader, Decapitated, Batushka, Graveland, Dies Irae... This particular song from Mgla is my all time fave from these guys. Groza is another incredible album.
This one is a little bit long.

Behemoth, to me, sounded a looooot better by the times of Zos Zia Kultus or Thelema.6. They have always been quite melodic, but I think they overproduce their music nowadays.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mgla, from Poland

Disagree with @Vacceo. ;) Clearly not their best, IMHO.
This one, tho...

Poland has been a powerhouse for extreme metal: Vader, Decapitated, Batushka, Graveland, Dies Irae...
Warning-edit: I just forgot these fuckers did NSBM in their earlier days...:facepalm:

(The latter being one of my favourite Death Metal album ever)

Last edited:

Moderate Dionysianism

Warning-edit: I just forgot these fuckers did NSBM in their earlier days...:facepalm:

Yup, M's early projects aside, Mgła still have problematic connections to Mikko Aspa, playing as the live lineup of Clandestine Blaze for instance. Those are damn fine compositions, but personally I just can't vibe to their music anymore, same with DsO, Inquisition etc.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Disagree with @Vacceo. ;) Clearly not their best, IMHO.
This one, tho...

(The latter being one of my favourite Death Metal album ever)
Nothing wrong with your choice. I guess my prefference for V comes from the fact that I loved it when I listened to to it live. :D

thrash

Yup, M's early projects aside, Mgła still have problematic connections to Mikko Aspa, playing as the live lineup of Clandestine Blaze for instance. Those are damn fine compositions, but personally I just can't vibe to their music anymore, same with DsO, Inquisition etc.
Indeed the black metal scene in Poland (in Greece too) has strong ties with the Nazi ideology and that is highly problematic. But MGLA's artistic abilities are undeniable. They definitely know how to create nightmares.

Top Bottom