• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
View attachment 237738
I really liked these guys. They feel like a very darkened Kyuss. :)

The whole video was shot in Greece;)

Was at that show at Rodon club ..
Also Sepultura, Sodom, kind diamond, gamma ray, opeth, my dying bride, body count, kreator, katatonia.. you name it.
And a thousand bands more outside of metal, like the Ramones or the Stranglers and the Cramps for instance..

those were the days /m/
Speaking of Greece, pray for total death!

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Try this one.

digicidal

Major Contributor
Try this one.

Little bit too "sleepy" for me... but still quite a good sound. She's got a great voice... needs some fry screams for seasoning (re: Jinjer).

Reminds me of Oh Hiroshima quite a bit musically:

digicidal

Major Contributor
View attachment 237738
Hell yeah! Only took 30 seconds of two sample tracks before I added the CD to my cart! Thanks for the recommendation. :D

napfkuchen

Try this one.

Thanks, didn't know the is also a solo-artist. :)

BTW, she was the singer for Destiny Potato:

... and now for Sordid Pink:

McLenin

In case someone has not seen this yet... (We Butter The Bread With Butter vs. Electric Callboy - Hypa Hypa)
Thank you very much for the heads up! This is cracking me up every time I watch it, along with other songs from their new album. Already ordered with some t-shirts.

Grael

I've been a listening to metal for most my life and I never got the lo-fi thing. Every single one of those lo-fi records would be better if it didn't have the lo-fi sound.
For some it is acceptable and I can listen to it. But for most it ruins the record for me. The worst thing is that in many cases I can hear that it could've been a really good album if the band was just intelligent enough to make it sound right.
I agree with you, most "lo-fi" records could benefit from better sound (or not if it reveals how poor they are)
But sometimes, it's just the right sound for the right aestetic...
Hear the roars from outer darkspace !

RHO

Major Contributor
I agree with you, most "lo-fi" records could benefit from better sound (or not if it reveals how poor they are)
But sometimes, it's just the right sound for the right aestetic...
Hear the roars from outer darkspace !

IMO this exactly the problem. It is never the right sound . Also not in this case.

RHO

Major Contributor

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Finland is one of the most peculiar Metal scenes in the world. Yes, they have titans like Impaled Nazarene, Archgoat or Beherit; but sometimes very weird sound that could have been recorded in the UK:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Finland is one of the most peculiar Metal scenes in the world. Yes, they have titans like Impaled Nazarene, Archgoat or Beherit; but sometimes very weird sound that could have been recorded in the UK:
I love Finland. When I once vacationed there, a particularly fond memory was that the local youth gang wasn't listening to gangsta rap on the boombox, but black metal... So cute! :)

One of the first Finnish bands (after Leningrad Cowboys, of course) i listenend to was Waltari.

But my favorites from Finland now are Moonsorrow and Ajattara. Both criminally underrated, IMHO. The language is made for this kind of music.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
There are few voices as easily recognizeable as Martin Van Drunen´s:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Metal!

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not proper metal, i have to admit. Also pretty close to "choral crap". But at least the guy is from a metal band (Tribulation) and he has no ponytail.

Jonathan Hultén - The Call for Adventure - Forest Version.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm probably waaay late to the party, but I just found this, and I love it:

Yes, Igorrr is great. I like the new album even more. I also recommed his related projects like Öxxö Xööx and Corpo Mente.

ebslo

Forum Donor
Pan Amerikan Native Front - Full Performance (Live on KEXP)

Top Bottom