• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Practical use of Dutch and Dutch 8c

OP
HooStat

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I also was seriously thinking of getting the 8351s in white. But then have found the new D&D 8cs on sale and could not resist the temptation. Because I thought their cardioid sound dispersion design and DSP were considered to be very good. Have you gotten the 8351s?
Yes. I will be selling those shortly. Again, nothing wrong with them but I don't make use of them. I plan to keep moving backwards and getting a small 5 channel system with 2 subs. All inexpensive (i.e., for the same budget I get for selling the 8351b's.

And if I were to buy new stereo speakers right now they would be the new Mesanovic speakers. For $5k, they seem amazing.

testingtesting

Just purchased a D&D myself here and am having the same questions around how to connect it to, well, anything. The suggested models from the earlier posts here don't seem to fit my needs..

Does anyone have ideas on if any products out there can enable me to have the below functionality on the D&D?
  1. DJ Mixer (Allen Heath) via a balanced XLR output. There is also a RCA output, but I'd prefer to use the XLR. Low latency throughput preferred since the D&D already have a 33ms delay unless low latency mode is used (not preferred).
  2. Spotify
  3. Apple TV (4k model), which now connects to my projector via HDMI (and uses an optical cable to my Devialet Phantoms for audio).
  4. Roon (with Roon Core capability, so that I can control my Roon music from my phone. Currently I need to have my laptop as the Core to use my phone as a Roon remote/controller)
Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Spotify is now available from the ‘connect’ app.
For TV you could just use an optical to AES converter Hosa made one.
You need something to run the Roon core on, perhaps a small dedicated NUC and then use your phone as remote.
Keith

Top Bottom