• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
20240417_174415.jpg

Wonder who owns this van...

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Capture d’écran 2024-04-21 à 10.38.42.png

Old village in France, it is probably 800 years old. The tree is called : "platane" in French. The origin of "platane" is in China and you can see them in the South of France...
France is the most visited country in the world by far because today you can visit many villages that are the way they were in the past....
I've taken the picture...
Today temp : 21 celsius.

Last edited:

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

007Shortz

Landrover, old but in beautiful condition. Photographed in 2018 in Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich during preparations for a satellite launch campaign. The H on the license plate stands for "historic" and is associated with lower taxes. To receive the H, the vehicle must be older than 30 years and in its original condition. For example, it must not be fitted with a modern radio.

IMG_20180411_155711.jpg

Last edited:

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

What, Germany is in 8th place?!

Napoleon Bonaparte once said: "The Germans have six months of winter and six months of no summer. And that's what they call fatherland"

I need a beer for that ...

I thought that was the UK! (re Winter/Summer)

007Shortz

I thought that was the UK! (re Winter/Summer)
I can't find a quote from Napoleon about England, but I found the following one from von Jehring still good:

"In Germany, everything is forbidden that is not permitted;
in England, everything is permitted that is not forbidden;
in Russia, everything is permitted that is forbidden."
Rudolf von Jhering (1818 - 1892), German jurist, first representative of legal naturalism, which explains the law in terms of causal law from the reality of society

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 365038
Old village in France, it is probably 800 years old. The tree is called : "platane". The origin of "platane" is in China.
France is the most visited country in the world by far because today you can visit many villages that are the way they were in the past....
I've taken the picture...
St. Guilhem le Desert?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I can't find a quote from Napoleon about England, but I found the following one from von Jehring still good:

"In Germany, everything is forbidden that is not permitted;
in England, everything is permitted that is not forbidden;
in Russia, everything is permitted that is forbidden."
Rudolf von Jhering (1818 - 1892), German jurist, first representative of legal naturalism, which explains the law in terms of causal law from the reality of society
Ha, yes, good one! My comment was far less literary, just referring to the same idea that England doesn't really have Summers either!

007Shortz

Ha, yes, good one! My comment was far less literary, just referring to the same idea that England doesn't really have Summers either!
I think I understood that. And Napoleon could well have said the same thing about England. The following picture provides the proof. Even the installation of photovoltaic systems only makes limited sense in Germany and England.

DNI_ssedni60small.jpg

Last edited:

nobodynoz

Capture d’écran 2024-04-22 à 12.20.10.png

I was walking in a street in Switzerland when I saw these people... The man is the father of the bride... I followed them to the church.
Year : 2013
with my iPhone 6s

Last edited:
Reactions: ENG

nobodynoz

The Bugatti Chiron is a car made in France that can run at 400km/hour. Some of them are used by the Police, others are bought by rich people...
From 0 to 100km/hour : 1,4 second

Last edited:

Tell

My living room stereo. Nvidia Shield that goes into a MiniDSP 2x4HD that feeds into my newly inherited Marantz 2015 that powers my Ino Audio piP.
Sure that 50 year old 15w amplifier have according the the manual a THD at around 0.9%, SNR at 79dB and channel separation of 35dB and is easily bested by most stuff today, but to my ears it sounds just fine! No noise or distortion is heard at the moderate levels I listen to nowadays and the imagine is as wide cozy as it always has been!
Quite happy with the plants as well :)
DSC05925-Enhanced-NR_2K.jpg

Top Bottom