• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
A portion of the Louvre museum, Paris. where you can see the famous painting of the "Joconde'... - real name of the woman : Lisa Gherardini - which price is estimated between 1 and 2 billions euros. Painter : Leonardo da Vinci during the year 1506.
If you think that it looks like a train station, it was a train station...
If you take a look during 10 seconds to all paintings you need 4 days.

That's funny, I thought that it was a Royal palace.

And yes, you can "see" the Mona Lisa. But what is even better than seeing the Mona Lisa is capturing photos of all the people who go there to look at the Mona Lisa ;)

28770031810_e33eab3df3_h.jpg

JaccoW

Question: Do you do that at night as well?
You'll have to specify or quote the person you're asking this. Because I have no idea how to answer this?

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Capture d’écran 2023-12-14 à 17.13.25.png

above : the French Sailboat called "La Méduse"... in English The "Jellyfish"...
The Méduse was a French frigate that was wrecked on 2 July 1816 off the coast of present-day Mauritania, resulting in the death of 160 people, 147 of whom were abandoned on a makeshift raft.

8267978_fullsize.jpg

A true story...
The Méduse ran aground on a sandbank, an obstacle well known to sailors located about 60km off the coast of present-day Mauritania, Africa.
This is the painting I like the most in the Louvre Museum, Paris. It's large : 7 meters + 16cm long, painted in 1818-1819 by Théodore Géricault.
The entire crew died...

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
202312_WhoBeBBC.jpg

I caught this last night in the sky. The laser light show above the house in the background was just ending (sponsored by local BBC yacht club).
This was my first time seeing one, I am sure this will replace most celebratory 'fireworks' shows... if for nothing but fire/pollution justifications.:)

Last edited:

nobodynoz

2020.08.31-Most-beautiful-Places-in-France-12.jpg

A huge barrier of white sand between the Atlantic Ocean and a pine forest stretching as far as the eye can see,
the Dune du Pilat, France, is the largest dune in Europe. Every year, more than a million visitors tackle its impressive flanks.
The Pilat Dune is 2915 metres long, 616 metres wide and up to 107 metres high. It is the highest sand dune in Europe.
It is located in the commune "La Teste-de-Buch". Although it is constantly moving, the"official" size of the dune has remained
the same...
I've climbed to the top.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Question: Do you do that at night as well?
Ray was bit short. Rising hot air, spiraling thermals, are needed to lift the glider, allowing for trips up and gliding down and up again. Birds often use these same thermals. Warming air is must.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Ray was bit short. Rising hot air, spiraling thermals, are needed to lift the glider, allowing for trips up and gliding down and up again. Birds often use these same thermals. Warming air is must.

Thermals are a "must" here in the flatlands, though occasionally there will be a convergence of two air masses blowing against each other causing rising air at the intersection. But that's still more of a daytime occurrence, as normally winds subside after sunset. It happens here when cold air over the Gulf of Mexico moves in under the air over the land, called the Sea Breeze. It is visible when both sides have clouds, but the clouds on one side will be at a distinctly different altitude than the other side of the convergence.

If you have mountains, you can surf the wind rising up the slopes, and, if present, "wave" on the lee side above the peaks, which can take you amazingly high.

I saw a plan by two women to take a two-seater into the air for three days and two nights (nonstop) from Alaska to the Mexican border using "wave" off the mountains along the west coast of the USA and Canada.

They will need lights on the plane, to be seen at night, and Transponder for Air Traffic Control to see them at the expected altitudes (over 18,000 feet), and supplemental oxygen, along with whatever else they ight pack for 3 days.

nobodynoz

Capture d’écran 2023-12-19 à 19.54.58.png

This is a portion of the port in the town where I live, by the Mediterranean Sea. There are + - 1300 boats.
Temp: 14° Celsius / F 47,8° ....
with my iPhone 6s yesterday December 21

Last edited:
Top Bottom