• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Possible streamer & Dac advice

HAPPY1

Hi Team,

I previously asked some advice about a replacement DAC for my dying Beresford DAC.

I have done some research and thinking about adding a music streaming device to my set up which might look like:

Mac Mini -> node 2 - > Topping DX5 -> Naim 5i amp.

Reason for this setup is that I have a lot of music stored on HD as well as looking to utilise spotify (or similar) in the future. I see that the Node is good for streaming but the DAC isnt great. The DX5 has just come up for sale near me at a good price

Question is does this look like a good setup or is there too many boxes etc?

staticV3

Master Contributor
It sounds like you could consolidate that setup with just the WiiM Amp.
It's a Streamer, DAC, and Power Amp all in one box.

You can play local music via AirPlay, DLNA, or Toslink, and it supports most music streaming services including Spotify.

Last edited:
OP
H

HAPPY1

I can’t see a review for that model on the forum?

Mac Arthur

Forum Donor
Here we go...

Norcal

The WiiM Amp hasn't been measured here yet AFAIK, but given its low cost, feature set, quality of other products in the WiiM line and the excitement it has generated, I'd expect measurements to be coming soon. The other WiiM products have been measured here extensively.

Top Bottom