• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New DAC help please

PyramidElectric

If the DAC is the only source going into the amp, I'd recommend one that is grounded (e.g. smsl DO100, smsl D-6s, there will be others...).
Most Naim amps require 1 source component to be grounded (the amp is not grounded to minimise ground loops), if no source is grounded then you'll get a quiet buzzing through the speakers.

Last edited:
OP
H

HAPPY1

appreciate the help guys, I think looking through the reviews, I a going to move fro optical to usb. does the site have recommendations on cables or are they all much the same?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
appreciate the help guys, I think looking through the reviews, I a going to move fro optical to usb. does the site have recommendations on cables or are they all much the same?
If the cable works, it works, no need for silly sales pitches. Do you use special usb cables with your computers etc?

OP
H

HAPPY1

Actually I'm not even sure what the Bluetooth on a dac does! :facepalm:

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Actually I'm not even sure what the Bluetooth on a dac does! :facepalm:

it a receiver, so you can send music to it from anything that will transmit audio via bluetooth. For example a phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop etc.

Top Bottom