• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: What % of your system investment is in your speakers?

What % of your system investment is in your speakers?

• Total voters

cshake

Forum Donor
In the living room, it's close to 40% speakers (5.1), 40% AVR, 20% TV. For the computer, it's 0% DAC so far (using motherboard integrated), 25% amp, 75% headphones (for the most expensive pair).

If you start factoring in CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, streaming subscriptions, the desktop computer, the NAS that runs the Plex server, etc, those numbers change drastically - but that's not fair because those would still exist even if I just used cheap earbuds on the computer and the TV built-in speakers.

Putter

Forum Donor
It's kind of difficult for a few reasons. I'm a refugee from Audiokarma where used vintage is golden and used is the way to go. Everybody's system is great IF they like it! They live in the country of Subjectivistan where it's all cool man unless it's BPC! Notwithstanding assembling a good system on the cheap, used and clearance is the way to go. Also I have a 5.1 desktop system assembled out of home theater speakers and conventional speakers so these are estimated costs as part of the whole system.

Speakers - GNP Model 10 L+R, Infinity Modulus MS-1 & MS-CC Surrounds and Center $50 used
Sub- Def Tech ProSub 80 ($100 for whole 5.1 Speaker system)
Blu Ray Player - Sony BDP-S480 (($70 Only item bought new, for SACD)
AV Receiver - Denon AVR-1610 ($40 used)
Tuner - Sansui TU-S77AMX ($20 used)

Top Bottom