• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

pmc near field monitors

fildeville

I have had a pair of PMC Db1a speakers from new. The right channel has developed an intermittent fault. It clicks on and off at random intervals between 10 and 45 seconds. Sounds like it’s being tripped. Does anyone know a reliable service engineer who might sort it out. PMC were no help!
Failing that, anyone got a single working monitor that they might sell? i.e. someone in the same boat as me.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have had a pair of PMC Db1a speakers from new. The right channel has developed an intermittent fault. It clicks on and off at random intervals between 10 and 45 seconds. Sounds like it’s being tripped. Does anyone know a reliable service engineer who might sort it out. PMC were no help!
Failing that, anyone got a single working monitor that they might sell? i.e. someone in the same boat as me.
PMC were no help — for a current speaker that you bought new?

Do please explain a bit more so that we can name and shame the company.

OP
F

fildeville

I have had these nearfields for, I suppose about 16 years? Bought new. PMC have a 20 year guarantee on their speakers, but only for the passive versions apparently, so they can’t help if it’s an amplification issue. Even though they are integral powered speakers. Such is life.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have had these nearfields for, I suppose about 16 years? Bought new. PMC have a 20 year guarantee on their speakers, but only for the passive versions apparently, so they can’t help if it’s an amplification issue. Even though they are integral powered speakers. Such is life.
Pity. Request the schematics and the service manual from PMC and then try a repair shop. And buy Genelec next time.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sell them, as is and buy new speakers.

Adi777

Addicted to Fun and Learning
PMC Mb2se - someone saw measurements?

Top Bottom