• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pls make Foobar stop buffering internet radio

Sirius Black

How do I make Foobar have a say 3 or 4 minutes buffer when playing internet radio? My network many times can be choppy and the buffering is really terrible.
Just to make it a bit like Spotify that even if I lose connection momentarily, it just uses from the buffer of already playing song and then the connection gets better again and you won’t even notice anything happened.
I’ve tried editing the value from Preferences-Playback-Output, Preferences-Advanced-Buffering but neither really did what I’m after or helped.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
S

Sirius Black

Sokel

Master Contributor
I would play with this:

buffering.PNG

OP
S

Sirius Black

I would play with this:

View attachment 292995
I tried all that, didn't work..
I posted on HydrogenAudio (seeing as the devs usually hang out there), didn't get much of a response.
Tried ChatGPT, and it directed me to 3 other music players that could be able to do it, or have been able to in the past.
Installed the first, AIMP (only had a setting of 1 min. max), but still didn't work. Foobar was better in it's current state.
Installed the second, Winamp, and could you believe it?!, it worked!!!!!!!!
Winamp was the only software that could do this for me.
I posted on reddit as well as this forum. I tried to do something similar with YouTube back in the 3G and Edge days. Only an obscure Firefox entension was able to pull it off. Now Winamp is my unicorn in the rough as well.
I'm back to Winamp then after so many years.
There we go. That's how you build software and get a loyal following!

Top Bottom