• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please help me choose a turntable...

levimax

Major Contributor
I would go Technics all the way. I have several DD Technics from the 1970's which work perfectly so I don't think IC life is an issue. Of all the products I have ever owned, not just audio products, I am the most satisfied with my Technics TT's.

DudeAnon

If you have read all of this and still want a turntable (unless you still have your 60's, 70's, and 80's record collection), I'd be surprised.

frodaddi

VPI might be worth considering with McIntosh. Made in USA and the Prime would look great with Mc. I have a Scout Jr myself, have enjoyed it.

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
Google technics uneven platter, make sure you get a good one. Some report wobble in platter . And Technics response is to ignore the customer…

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Google technics uneven platter, make sure you get a good one. Some report wobble in platter . And Technics response is to ignore the customer…
Which sounds like a very good reason to buy from a dealer. Or by "Technics" do you mean to imply that dealers are ignoring their customers?
'cause dealers generally don't (ignore their customers, that is). There is value added in buying from an established, reputable dealer. They don't even have to be local. In the US, e.g., Crutchfield is (still) very, very good.

Many folks seem to have trouble differentiating between price and value when purchasing a product. ;)

Top Bottom