• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Phil Collins performed his last concert

Raindog123

Major Contributor
…with Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks of Genesis at the O2 Arena in London on March 26, 2022. Thanks Phil!

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

Last edited:

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank God. If anyone can tell me how to ban him permanently from any streaming platform (specifically Tidal) I'd appreciate it.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Would rather Stevie Nicks was banned;
LMAO... Amen! If I never hear only thunders when it rains again...
At least with Phil I have some good memories, like slow dancing with our Drum Major back in HS during a band party. ;)

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow thought this was another obituary thread at first....

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
like slow dancing with our Drum Major back in HS during a band party. ;)

Precisely! Except imagine drum major instead a theater kook and she insist on only making out to Phil Collins exclusively and in the end she lights your car on fire.

Just bad association I suppose but anytime I start something off with Bowie or even Mark Knofler I guarantee Roon radio will follow it up with "In the Air Tonight". Yeah like the smell of burning car....

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Precisely! Except imagine drum major instead a theater kook and she insist on only making out to Phil Collins exclusively and in the end she lights your car on fire.

Just bad association I suppose but anytime I start something off with Bowie or even Mark Knofler I guarantee Roon radio will follow it up with "In the Air Tonight". Yeah like the smell of burning car....
LMFAO!
I had my share of crazy girlfriends. Fortunately, none set anything on fire. Though I did have one disappear on me... call me from the hospital a week later and tell me she tried killing herself. :eek:
That didn't involve either Phil or Stevie, at least.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Though I did have one disappear on me... call me from the hospital a week later and tell me she tried killing herself. :eek:
I had one girlfriend telephone me at 4:30am and said she is killing herself. So I telephoned back and got her father involved. She turned out to be a control freak. It was a good day the day I got rid of her as a friend.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've never been into Phil Collins. Way back in the 80's when he was making hits and before when he was in Styx I was not into that.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
He performed sitting in an office chair?

Hmm... Tough to see that being a riveting performance.

Edit: Was it on Zoom?

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Being an Genesis fan in my youth , I sort of didn’t like the the “ Phil Collins “ Genesis that much.
Both nowadays I came around to like Phil more . Some of his songs are good , even if they are overplayed on commercial radio ( same goes for Peter Gabriel on Swedish commercial radio it’s basically 4 songs )

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
Yes he has had back surgery... can't drum properly anymore either, poor bloke.

JSmith
plus, ain't he almost deaf?

only saw an outtake of it tbh, but god, it was almost as cringe to watch as the Rock/Smith fiasco @Oscars

Top Bottom