• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Peachtree Decco125 sky hissing

Lafayette

Recently purchased one of these as I got a deal for a new one at a much lower price than is listed online. I use my speakers in near field and I noticed a hissing sound coming from the speakers. I can't say that it is so loud that its noticeable when I'm playing anything, but I was not expecting to hear something like that since this is supposed to be a better quality product.

I hooked up my trustly SMSL AD18, and there's no hissing. Wondering if anyone smarter than me has any ideas as to what could be causing the sound. None of the speaker wires were crossing the power cord if that matters.

Crane

Forum Donor
I cant remember where but it was the 150 one showed high distortion somewhere. Also, their nova pre was tested here with pretty bad results so it wouldn't surprise anyone here this also has similar issues.

Best off just reselling and sticking to your SMSL or look for something else with published measurements.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wondering if anyone smarter than me has any ideas as to what could be causing the sound.
Simple – poor S/N ratio. I’ll bet your speakers have a high efficiency rating? That’s typically the nail-in-the-coffin of a noisy component.

The published spec doesn’t look bad, but some manufacturers’ specs can’t be relied on.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

OP
L

Lafayette

Using Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1's 87dB sensitivity. Would be nice to able to trust the manufacturer specs but that's how it goes I guess.

My buddy got an NAD D3045, maybe I can convince him to let me borrow it.

Top Bottom