• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Only complaint about new revel f206s

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
Ok I just bought them but there actual used. Listen to them a bit and liked what I heard. Ran a low freq. sweep and notice a vibration coming from inside one speaker. I could hear it from my seat. Looked inside the port and noticed the batting was completely covering the port. Shoved it over to open the port and the vibration disappeared. It may have shifted when I moved them. Disappointed that the stuffing isn't glued in as I can't be the only one that this has happened to. Other wise I am really enjoying them.

MKR

Major Contributor
Surprising for a Revel as quality is usually quite high. But with new Samsung ownership, maybe they are starting to cut corners.

Note I had exact same issue with my JBL 590s and was a fairly straightforward procedure to re-glue the batting (once I got inside the speaker it was clear they never even put glue on one side of cabinet). No sure how easy to do same with 206, may be more complicated procedure

Svend P

Careful if you need to take the drivers out. MichaelJ broke the paint on his F208, doing that.

Revel 208 - 1 (2).jpeg

MKR

Major Contributor
Careful if you need to take the drivers out. MichaelJ broke the paint on his F208, doing that.

View attachment 335418
It is definitely a delicate procedure. I for sure had to remove one driver on my 590s. Also be sure to not damage the driver gasket seal! Main thing is to just go slow.

AVKS

Surprising for a Revel as quality is usually quite high. But with new Samsung ownership, maybe they are starting to cut corners.

Note I had exact same issue with my JBL 590s and was a fairly straightforward procedure to re-glue the batting (once I got inside the speaker it was clear they never even put glue on one side of cabinet). No sure how easy to do same with 206, may be more complicated procedure

Someone on AVS reported receiving a pair of new M105s where one had loose batting like this and the other had a chipped corner. Anecdotal, but taking the report as true still not things I would expect from a new speaker at Revel prices. As a curiosity, I wonder when those were manufactured vs OP's F206s

OP
C

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
These 206s are about 6years old. I pushed the batting over and the rattling is gone, but I don't think its where its supposed to be. Is it supposed to be tight against the cabinet? How much will this matter? I really don't want to take it apart.

MKR

Major Contributor
These 206s are about 6years old. I pushed the batting over and the rattling is gone, but I don't think its where its supposed to be. Is it supposed to be tight against the cabinet? How much will this matter? I really don't want to take it apart.
As long as rattle is gone and you aren’t blocking port, should be good

Top Bottom