• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Onkyo TX-RZ620 - bluetooth and airplay not playing?

Jimmi

Hi, hope someone can help with this. I am trying to play music from my macbook using either bluetooth or airplay. The receiver displays the macbook, but does not play. I tried this with my phone and it also doesn't work. All firmware is updated, etc. I played before but I am not sure why it is not playing now. Thanks!

OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

I got it to work in case anyone is wondering.

Thomas33

Hello, how did you manage to fix it? I have similar problem, I can connect over bluetooth, airplay, I see song name on the onkyo display,but silence from the speakers :/ Firmware updated.

OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

I think if you just use Airplay it would work. Select the receiver under the sound icon (instead of macbook speakers). Let us know if it works.

OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

FYI - you don't have to do anything on the receiver. For example, I had mine on the blu ray input. Once you select Airplay it just goes goes to the receiver.

Thomas33

In my situation when I connect my Iphone over bluetooth and play something I see song title on my Onkyo (scrolling to the left), but no sound from the speakers. When I click on airplay icon and choose Onkyo (little speaker icon) on my phone I can jump to aireplay and can see the song title scrolling to the left (also Airplay mode on Onkyo), but no sound from the speakers. Regardless I do it with or without 'Onkyo controller' app open on my phone it doesnt work. I tried to restart to the factory settings, still silence on speakers whe playing over bluetooth/airplay, when jump to HDMI all is OK, on 75% sounds like the beast. Firmware updated over network.

OP
Jimmi

Jimmi

That's weird, I'm not sure how mine stopped then started working as I posted above. Maybe disconnect from power for a few minutes? It should work. Keep trying, just be sure the volume is lowered as the device volume increases it more than turning the volume knob. I hope it works for you.

Top Bottom