• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Old denon receiver or Fosi V3?

gantunes

Hello! I'm looking to buy a JBL A130 (coming from an Edifier MR4). Which option do you guys think is best: buying a 2006 Denon AVR 1706 or a Fosi V3? The owner of the receiver said that it's almost unused (and from the photos, it looks to be in really good shape), but I'm not sure if it's wise to buy something that old. Also, I'm unsure which one will provide the best performance.

The two options are basically at the same price. As I live in Brazil, I don't have many other options.

Zek

Major Contributor
It depends on what you want in the future - the Denon is an AVR 7-channel receiver and the Fosi is just a stereo amplifier.
In addition, Denon has a very large selection of options compared to Fosi.
For the same price, I'd go with the Denon.

Bleib

Major Contributor
For space and power effiency Fosi would be the best. Denon gives better chance to change the sound though; bas, treble, has radio, probably night-mode etc

Top Bottom